2 pietta '58s for sale

Started by Wolfgang, January 02, 2009, 10:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfgang

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116228 not mine and don't need more ( right now ).  Just for information.
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Mulee Pete

Thanks fer the heads up.  Been looking for a deal like this.
Saddler Sargeant GAF Department of the Platte, #521
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Keep track of your lustrums!

Wolfgang

Quote from: Mulee Pete on January 02, 2009, 11:59:10 AM
Thanks fer the heads up.  Been looking for a deal like this.

yur welcome .. . :)

Mulee Pete

Recived the Pietta from Shameless Womanizer yesterday.  Dropped the R&D conversion for Pietta in, but it seemed to have a problem turning the cylinder all the way to line up the round. :'(   
So on a hunch, I put the Ubertti conversion from R&D in and, wait for it................IT"S PERFECT! :o  No slop at all, it hits the mark evey time.
I want to make this into a sheriffs model and was a bit worried about getting the conversion cylinder to line up every time.  I had put the R&D in several other revolvers but they never seemed to operate correctly.  Seems the cylinder was just waiting for me to get the right companion for it. ;)

Thanks again for the lead Wolfgang ;D

Mulee
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Wolfgang

Mulee . . . yur shore welcome. . . . if there is good stuff that I don't want, . .  I always try to point out the way for those who might be in need of it . . . .  ;D

Flint

Chech your cylinder gap, the Pietta cylinder is .015 longer than the Uberti.  I needed an R&D Pietta cylinder in front of an Uberti backplate to fit one older (longer) Uberti.  The Uberti backplate is thinner, the cylinders are the same length.  Also check the stoip notches, the Uberti and the (older) Piettas are different widths.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Mulee Pete

Roger that Flint.  I'll double check it.  Sometimes I feel like Tuco in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, taking a part here and a piece there to make a well operating revolver.  Funny how thinking outside the box provides results.

Mulee
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com