New Cimarron R-M conversions

Started by arkiebob, December 31, 2008, 01:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkiebob

I just purchased two new Cimarron 45lc R-M conversions.  I was cleaning out all the packing oil in them and took out a lot of rusty looking crud from the bores, on one especially.  Neither of them polish up nice and mirror bright, in fact they look dull and rough.  I used all kinds of bore cleaners and everything short of a brass brush so far.  Is this normal?  Will the bore shine up with use or something like that.  It seems like a new one should look its best but I have seen used ones which were better.   Help?

Deadeye Don

You might ask Abilene about this as he works for Cimarron.  He is on CAS city.  I have never bought a new gun that has had the crud in the bore you describe.   Something is clearly wrong with this picture.  YES you should expect the bore on a new gun to be shiny.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

arkiebob

Thanks.  I never expected these quality problems.  All Texas Jacks can say is that he can pass the problem on to Cimarron, which is ok I guess, just seems sad to spend that kind of money on something and have problems with them. I have had 6 of their pistols in the past and all have been great, but these two are causing all kinds of problems.  I had to use a mallet and a wooden dowell to get the barrel off one of them too, the wedge came out fine but the barrel just wouldn't come off.  I will have to drive it back on too, because it won't slip back on.  I have been shooting cap and ball revolvers for 30 years, plus another richards mason in 44 cal,  but never had the problems I have been having with these two Cimarron Richards Masons.

Fingers McGee

If they came to me that way, I'd send them back.  They are obviously defective.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Andy Pickard

The bore on mine was shiney after I shot a match with them. The barrel on one was difficult to get off the at first but after shooting a couple of matches it slides off and on like it should. Your mileage may vary.

Galloway

I've found you can shine up any gun with a sock and 30 minutes watching tv. It wont deepen the blue but the results are suprisingly good. Check the frame pins/holes and arbor for burrs and then apply some oil. Pop the barrel on and off a few times and it should loosen up. I wouldnt worry at all about the barrels its probably just oil. Take a brush and some hopes to the range and scrub it out every 10-20 shots. I guarantee it will shine up. Good luck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com