Ink marks on finished leather??

Started by Deadeye Don, December 30, 2008, 06:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Carrico

Well the irresponsible, no nothing about making holsters, dumbass is me. Those are range marks on the leather. I never mark anything out in ink pen. I am gladly making him another holster and will sell his. This didn't show up until the holster was finished and it was a Christmas order. I'm glad you sought more professional advice than mine because I probably don't know everything.

Deadeye Don

I wasnt going to state the name of the maker, but now it is known.  David has been in contact with me and he is rectifying the situation to my satisfaction.  I appreciate his help in this matter and I will continue to recommend Carrico's as a quality leather maker in the future.  Thanks to all those that provided input in this thread.  I know almost nothing about leather making and sought the advice of those that do here. 

PS  I now know a bit more about leather making than I did before.  Thanks again.

Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

TexasToby

when i make something i use a pencil, be it leather, wood, steel, paper or whatever, so i can erase it. this is done before a finish of any kind is appied and wheather it is for me or someone else. different strokes for different folks i recond.  Texas Toby ;D
Swinging a rope is alot of fun unless, your neck is in the loop.

RollingThunder

I hope you're being facetious David. I've seen your stuff on here elsewhere and it's pretty slick work to say the very least.

My shop teacher in school said you don't know anything about the character of someone you're dealing with until the day you have to bring them a mistake and see how they handle it.

From all reports here, you're being more of a stand-up guy than anyone could expect, considering what passes for "customer service" some days.

Love the color on those btw ... :D

As for the lines, it took a lot of antique dye for me to get one of those dadgum range marks out of my roping cuffs, but it also produced something that looked a little more like a bunkhouse special than it did fine leatherwork. Which was OK, because they sorta were aimed that direction anyway.

You can sorta see it on the upper cuff between the spots running north-south in this pic.

Still, it makes it double tough to put all that work out and then discover that range mark in the oiling.

Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Rayban

As is so often the case on these forums, it looks and sounds like this is something that could have been reconciled through a person to person phone call, instead of dragging it through three pages of posts. ::)

David Carrico

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Those shop teachers can be wise old fellows! Nice cuffs BTW!

Deadeye Don

Rayban,   This is the proper forum to discuss leather related issues.   If you would read the entire thread you will see that questions were raised and answered.  My last post stated how the situation was resolved.  This should be the end of this subject as far as I am concerned.   

As to your contribution, tell me what the purpose of "these forums" is if not to ask questions,  bring issues before people who can provide assistance and then to allow the poster to have factual information to make better decisions whether it be dealing with vendors or simiply understand leather making better?   

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Rayban

Deadeye, I agree with you that the issue has been resolved and should be the end of the subject...however, if you wish to call me out on this, I suggest you do so through PM or email....I doubt others would need to observe.

Marshal Will Wingam

This thread has run its course. It's locked, now. Thanks to all who have contributed.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com