New Problem on 92

Started by Old Top, December 27, 2008, 07:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Top

Evening All,

My 92 developed a new problem the last round loaded cocks it self sideway and does not want to go on the ramp properly.  If the round is strighten out and moved forward then it will line up pooperly and the rest of the rounds work just fine.  This is the first time that it has started doing this normally I have no problems with it doing strange things.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Other then sending it Steve (I am saveing my pennies for that) does this sound like a problem that  someone has solved before?

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

willyboy

Might it be that you have a weak loading gate spring?

French Jack

When loading, make sure that the last round is inserted a bit further into the magazine, and allow it to return in line on the follower.
French Jack

Paladin UK

Fer OT.......
I have stubby fingers and found it reeeel hard ta load the last rd, Sooooooo
I made myownself an....extended finger!!

This gizmo pushes that troublesome last rd Right inside the mag tube!!

`n` very easy ta make out of a bit of steel (Could be brass, plastic or nylon) atop of an old case!!

I`d try things like this BEFORE ya start sendin yer #92 away

Paladin (What hopes he`s helped) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Forty Rod

What the heck is "pooperly"?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Old Top

Forty,

Bad spelling  ;D

Old Top

Old Top

PUK,

I will have to make me one of them and see if that will solve the problem pooperly.   ::) ::) ::)

Old Top

Bristow Kid

Old Top,

I have big fingures and have trouble loading tat last round also.  So I took the tool i made to eject shells from my conversion cylinder.  All I did was take a piece of doweling about 4 inches long and just smaller diameter the my .45 Colt shells and a small round knob made of wood like you find on a drawer.  I drilled the knob out to the diameter of the dowel and about half way into the knob and glued in the dowel.  Rounded the edges on the other end with some sand paper.  Works great and looks almost period correct.  I will try and post a picture when I get home from work.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Old Top

I made some of these push sticks a few years ago, and like the others have said they work great at getting that last bullet in straight, and it is a whole lot easier on the fingers, I use a 7/16" hard wood doweling for a 45 long colt casing, I glued it and ran a piece of copper wire through a drilled hole in the casing and dowel, and soldered it, then cleaned and buffed it up, you can then put it in your bullet loops, or vest pocket, I also drilled a hole just below the head of the casing so i could put a piece of rawhide. ???

Give this a try I'm sure it will help  :D

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com