Coyote Dag and Neck Sheath......

Started by ChuckBurrows, December 23, 2008, 07:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckBurrows

I've still got a few of my late compadres, Gib Guignard's hand forged blades so I handled up this 4 1/2" dag style using a pair of coyote jawbones with buffalo rawhide wrap.
The neck sheath is braintan over a bark tan liner and the neck piece is braintan with red trade wool liner. The sheath is decorated with denatalium shells, glass, copper, and brass beads, fringe, tin cone and buffalo hair dangles.

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

JD Alan

Another incredbile piece of work Chuck. I guess beautiful is not appropriate, so how about handsome?

I sent you an email about a tool in your holster video. Maybe a PM would have been better. Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very fine, Chuck. I like that knife. Good-looking blade your friend made. You then did it justice with your special touch. Thanks for sharing the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

ChuckBurrows

JD - I did get your email just haven't had much computer time between filling orders and shoveling snow (2+ feet with more predicted and it's - 4° right now.......) Reckon I should get to answering emails over the next few days.......

Will - Gib was a heck of a bladesmith so it's always nice to get to work up a knife or tomahawk with one of his blades.......I'm not a big fan of having anything around my neck (wife says I was probably lynched in a former life LOL!), but this one was just plain fun and since I'd never built one before a nice change of pace......
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

JD Alan

Thanks Chuck. We have 18 inches on the ground, 3-5 more predicted today. This is the most snow I've seen in 30 years, and it's pretty much paralized the city. They keep shutting down I-5, the main freeway from LA to Seattle.

It's this darn global warming!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

I'm with you on not liking much around my neck. Fingers, either. Things hanging down were just there to snag on something and drag you into a machine. I spent too much time building heavy machinery to get used to wearing extra stuff. I started with a ring but promptly smashed it and had to cut it off with snips.

That looks like it has a coffee color to it. How do you get coffee to stain properly? Maybe some day, you can post a technique for that. I made some strong stuff but it didn't do much on the leather other than make it smell like breakfast time.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com