2009 Texas NCOWS Match Dates (UPDATED 04/2009)

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, December 21, 2008, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

Please note our matches for Sept 12 & 13 are cancelled due to weather.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Pancho Peacemaker

The Ten Horns will host an NCOWS match this SUNDAY, September 27.

http://www.texastenhorns.com/

We are back to shooting normal hours:

Range setup: 8:30 a.m.,
Registration 9:00 a.m.,
Mandatory Shooters Safety Meeting: 9:30 a.m.
You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.  Two stages will replace your pistol caliber rifle with your big bore rifle, so Cody/Dixon shooters will still need a pistol caliber rifle.  See our web site for rules and details.

We'll have applications for the SW REGIONAL MATCH we are sponsoring in November.  If you plan on attending, you can fill our your application and pay the $65 entry fee to Frisco Banker.

Also, CLUB BADGES will be available soon.  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each. Contact Lethal Larry to reserve one.  We only ordered 36 and many are already spoken for.

We will take a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so desired.

We will have free bottled water and Gatoraid available for purchase.  We've made many range improvements recently, please come and enjoy them.

Fees: Ten Horns Members - $10, Non-Members - $15, Watching FREE!
(you do not need to be an NCOWS member to participate in our monthly NCOWS matches.)

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Pancho Peacemaker

The Ten Horns will host an NCOWS match this SATURDAY, October 10.

Start time:

You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.  Two stages will replace your pistol caliber rifle with your big bore rifle, so Cody/Dixon shooters will still need a pistol caliber rifle.  See our web site for rules and details.

We'll have applications for the SW REGIONAL MATCH we are sponsoring in November.  If you plan on attending, you can fill our your application and pay the $65 entry fee to Frisco Banker.

CLUB BADGES are here!  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each. Contact Lethal Larry to purchase.  We only ordered 36 and many are already spoken for.

We will take a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so desired.

We will have free bottled water and Gatoraid available for purchase.  We've made many range improvements recently, please come and enjoy them.

(you do not need to be an NCOWS member to participate in our monthly NCOWS matches.)

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Tascosa Joe

Got my new badge # 10, Great shoot today a little chilly, muddy and slightly drizzly.  We had Lots of fun.  I got to try out my slicker and my Rolling Block.  It went BANG ;D :D ;D :D  Pancho we missed you have you gone back to SASS?

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Tascosa Joe on October 10, 2009, 07:31:03 PM
Got my new badge # 10, Great shoot today a little chilly, muddy and slightly drizzly.  We had Lots of fun.  I got to try out my slicker and my Rolling Block.  It went BANG ;D :D ;D :D  Pancho we missed you have you gone back to SASS?

T-Joe

SASS, nope.  Wife had to work.  I had a sitter set up for the kids and she canceled due to illness on Friday afternoon.  Couldn't find a back-up so I spend Saturday standing my post as daddy.  Had a great day with my kids.  I did miss shooting though. 

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

kflach

It was a more like a BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! from where I was standing.

*Very* impressive gun, TJ!

Missed ya, Pancho!

Pancho Peacemaker

Texas Ten Horns Halloween NCOWS Match
Sunday, 10/25/09

"Aurora, Texas 1897"

All NCOWS rules apply

The year was 1897, during the era of the "great airships", when an event occurred in the small town of Aurora, Texas that redefined the entire city. In the late 1800's, people all over the United States had begun reporting sightings of blimp like aircraft floating above their cities. On April 19, 1897, word spread from Aurora, Texas that an airship had tumbled through space and crashed into a local windmill located atop a small hill on the outskirts of town. The event triggered newspaper reports in both nearby Dallas and Fort Worth and eventually grew into a National story headline.

The most accurate account of the incident can be found in an April 19, 1897 article, written by E. E. Haydon, a part-time news reporter, in the Dallas Morning News. A similar story appeared the same day in the Fort Worth Register. The text of the Dallas Morning News article read as follows:

A copy of the article from the 1897 Dallas Morning News:

Start time:

You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.[/
center]

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.  Two stages will replace your pistol caliber rifle with your big bore rifle, so Cody/Dixon shooters will still need a pistol caliber rifle.  See our web site for rules and details.

We'll have applications for the SW REGIONAL MATCH we are sponsoring in November.  If you plan on attending, you can fill our your application and pay the $65 entry fee to Frisco Banker.

CLUB BADGES are here!  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each. Contact Lethal Larry to purchase.  We only ordered 36 and many are already spoken for.

Pancho

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Texas Lawdog

I plan on attending the NCOWS Texas Shoot in Nov. I don't plan on shooting due my back injuries. I have a membership application in the works to send in for membership in the TenHorns. My question is , Will I need to pay any fees since I am not shooting in the matches?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Cole Bluesteele

No fees to watch, sit and tell big winds.  Look forward to meeting you.

Cole

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on October 20, 2009, 04:01:47 PM
I plan on attending the NCOWS Texas Shoot in Nov. I don't plan on shooting due my back injuries. I have a membership application in the works to send in for membership in the TenHorns. My question is , Will I need to pay any fees since I am not shooting in the matches?

TLD,

Since you can't shoot, we can always use a hand spotting.  I'll be involved in the long range match on Thursday afternoon.  I know I could use a hand spotting the shots and scoring.  If you're back is up to it, I'd enjoy the help.  Plus I'd give you a chance to be up on the line.  I'll be bringing my spotting glass, so all you'd need is a chair.

Rumor has it somebody's bringing one of those Peabody rigs to challenge my mighty Hi Wall.  I need to make sure I have a 'friendly' spotter on my side.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Texas Lawdog

Pancho, I would be happy to do the spotting. I have a chair, but it is not historically correct. I have a nearly new Winchester spotters scope and I'll bring it. I plan on spending Thurs and Fri night. I need to leave about noon on Sat., due to a prior committment.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on October 20, 2009, 03:26:20 PM
Texas Ten Horns Halloween NCOWS Match
Sunday, 10/25/09

"Aurora, Texas 1897"

All NCOWS rules apply

The year was 1897, during the era of the "great airships", when an event occurred in the small town of Aurora, Texas that redefined the entire city. In the late 1800's, people all over the United States had begun reporting sightings of blimp like aircraft floating above their cities. On April 19, 1897, word spread from Aurora, Texas that an airship had tumbled through space and crashed into a local windmill located atop a small hill on the outskirts of town. The event triggered newspaper reports in both nearby Dallas and Fort Worth and eventually grew into a National story headline.

The most accurate account of the incident can be found in an April 19, 1897 article, written by E. E. Haydon, a part-time news reporter, in the Dallas Morning News. A similar story appeared the same day in the Fort Worth Register. The text of the Dallas Morning News article read as follows:

A copy of the article from the 1897 Dallas Morning News:

Start time:

You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.[/
center]

CLUB BADGES are here!  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each. Contact Lethal Larry to purchase.  We only ordered 36 and many are already spoken for.

Pancho

Please note:  This match will have one stage with a "Josie Wales" options:  You may stage two extra pistols in place of your rifle.  If you are so inclined, please bring an extra set of pistols so you can "whistle Dixie".

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Pancho Peacemaker

The Ten Horns will host an NCOWS match this SUNDAY, November 29th at Jacob's Plain Gun Club, just north of Greenville, Texas.

Come out and burn off some of those Thanksgiving calories or use this match as an excuse to get away from those in-laws who have over-stayed their welcome.

We are shooting "normal" hours:

Range setup: 8:30 a.m.
Help at range setup is always welcome!
You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.

NEW SHOOTERS:  We've been having lots of new folks show up to try out an NCOWS match.  We encourage new folks to join us.  Please identify yourself at our safety meeting and we'll assign a veteran shooter to mentor you through your first match.  You must be at least 12 years old and already have basic proficiency in the safe handling of a rifle, pistol, & shotgun in order to compete.

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.   See our web site for rules and details.

Also, CLUB BADGES will be available.  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each.

We will take a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so desired.

We will have free bottled water and Gatoraid available for purchase.  We've made many range improvements recently, please come and enjoy them.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Pancho Peacemaker

Texas Ten Horns Christmas Party
Sat. Dec 19th at 7:00 P.M.
Shumardii's Steakhouse in Greenville

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

kflach

Do we need to RSVP the Christmas party?

If so, to whom?

p.s. Traveller did a nice job with the Christmas theme on the web site.

Cole Bluesteele

Cockroach,

Let me know and I'll make certain your reservations get made.  Hope to see you and your wife there.

Cole

Pancho Peacemaker

The Ten Horns will host an NCOWS match this SATURDAY, December 12th at Jacob's Plain Gun Club, just north of Greenville, Texas.

We are shooting "normal" hours:

Range setup: 8:30 a.m.
Help at range setup is always welcome!

NEW SHOOTERS:  We've been having lots of new folks show up to try out an NCOWS match.  We encourage new folks to join us.  Please identify yourself at our safety meeting and we'll assign a veteran shooter to mentor you through your first match.  You must be at least 12 years old and already have basic proficiency in the safe handling of a rifle, pistol, & shotgun in order to compete.

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.   See our web site for rules and details.

Also, CLUB BADGES will be available.  These are very high quality badges:  Solid Sterling Silver with a brass center.  Cost is $55 each.

We will take a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so desired.

We will have free bottled water and Gatoraid available for purchase.  We've made many range improvements recently, please come and enjoy them.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

kflach

I'm looking forward to it. I've been told there's nothing quite as impressive as Cole Bluesteele shooting in his period-correct Santa Claus costume. I gotta admit though - I'd like to see Lethal Larry do it too. Something twisted inside me likes the idea of shooting with "Lethal Claus." ;D ;D ;)

Tascosa Joe

Kevin:

If your rifle has not come in yet, you will have to get one from someone else as i will be in route to Pakistan and will not make the match.  Have lots of fun for me, I will be thinking of all y'all.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com