2009 Texas NCOWS Match Dates (UPDATED 04/2009)

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, December 21, 2008, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Tascosa Joe on December 09, 2009, 09:36:03 PM
Kevin:

If your rifle has not come in yet, you will have to get one from someone else as i will be in route to Pakistan and will not make the match.  Have lots of fun for me, I will be thinking of all y'all.

T-Joe

Kevin,

I have a spare '73 in .45.  If you need me to bring it, let me know.

Joe:  I hope your travels go safely.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

kflach

T-Joe,
I'm pleased to report I'll be bringing my own smokepole!

Good luck and be careful out there!

Trap

T Joe,   good luck on your deployment. Come home safe.    jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Cole Bluesteele

JOe,

Gonna miss you.  We'll keep you and your fellow service men and women in our prayers for a swift and safe return.

Cole

Tascosa Joe

Thanks for the support.  I will see all of you 27 Dec at the end of the month shoot. 

Kevin, congratulations on the new smokepole.  What did you buy?
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Tascosa Joe

Hello from Lehore Pak hope you all had agreat shoot Sat.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Cole Bluesteele

Joe,  Can we say downpour?  No NCOWS match.  Heck, it was even a very cold "swamp" for the Sunday SASS match.  Only 9 loonies showed, me included.

Take care.

Cole

lethal larry

"Only 9 loonies showed up."  I can't think of loonies I'd rather hang around with than CAS loonies! :D
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

kflach

I must be worse than a loonie. I actually drove out there in the rain Saturday...

Texas Lawdog

I hope you guys didn't get too wet on Saturday.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

kflach

Actually the drive out there was kinda discouraging, but once we got there there wasn't much falling at all. It was worth the trip for me, though, because I got to talk to Diablo & Ruidosa, and Frisco Banker a bit and I discovered where I could purchase re-loaded ammo locally at a reasonable price. I'm looking at getting started reloading for myself in January, but it's sure great to have a resource until then and then a back up for the future.

Pancho Peacemaker

The Ten Horns will host an NCOWS match this SUNDAY, December 27th at Jacob's Plain Gun Club, just north of Greenville, Texas.

http://www.texastenhorns.com/

We are shooting "normal" hours:

Range setup: 8:30 a.m.
Help at range setup is always welcome!
Registration 9:00 a.m.,
Mandatory Shooters Safety Meeting: 9:30 a.m.
You can not shoot in our match if you miss the safety meeting.  This rule applies to everyone.

NEW SHOOTERS:  We've been having lots of new folks show up to try out an NCOWS match.  We encourage new folks to join us.  Please identify yourself at our safety meeting and we'll assign a veteran shooter to mentor you through your first match.  You must be at least 12 years old and already have basic proficiency in the safe handling of a rifle, pistol, & shotgun in order to compete.

We will offer a Cody/Dixon Class for those who like to shoot rifle caliber rifles.  Bring out your Hi-Walls, Spencers, Rolling Blocks, '76's, and any other big bore rifles for some distance shooting as part of our main match.   See our web site for rules and details.

CONGRATULATIONS to our newly elected 2010 Club Officers.  Serving in 2010 will be:

President: Cole Bluesteele
Vice-President: Ruidoso
Secretary: Frisco Banker
Treasurer: Lethal Larry
Range Officer: Diablo Slim
SASS Territorial Governor: Kow Katcher
NCOWS Posse Representative: Cole Bluesteele

We will take a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so desired.

We will have free bottled water and Gatoraid available for purchase.  We've made many range improvements recently, please come and enjoy them.

Fees: Ten Horns Members - $10, Non-Members - $15, Watching FREE!
(you do not need to be an NCOWS member to participate in our monthly NCOWS matches.)

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com