2009 Texas NCOWS Match Dates (UPDATED 04/2009)

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, December 21, 2008, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

The Texas Ten Horns have finalized our 2009 Match Calendar. 
The following are our NCOWS match dates:

Jan: 1/10
       BONUS MATCH DATE:  1/24 (due to Jan having 5 Saturdays)
Feb: 2/14
Mar: 3/14

** Beginning April, 2009 we will host TWO NCOWS matches every month **

April 11 & 26
May 9 & 24
June 13 & 28
July 11 & 26
August 8 & 23
September 12 & 27
October 10 & 25
November 14 & 29
December 12 & 27

NOTE:  Every weekend we host an NCOWS match, we will hold a SASS match on the adjoining weekend day.  If you'd like to spend a whole weekend shooting, you are welcome.  See our club web site for details.

http://www.texastenhorns.com/Calendar.htm

Range setup begins at 8:30 a.m.
Registration at 9:00 a.m.
Mandatory Shooter's Safety Meeting at 9:30 a.m.  Shooters must be present at the Safety Meeing to participate in the match.
(We start an hour earlier in the hot summer months:  check the web site for that change.)

In the event of heavy rain during or prior to the match:  check the web site for cancellations.  In the event of a cancellation, I'll post something here as well.

Fees: Members - $10, Non-Members - $15
Watching - FREE!!

We are located about 40 miles east of Dallas near Greenville, Texas
Map, GPS directions, and other contact info:  http://www.texastenhorns.com/

Let me know if you have any questions,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

lethal larry

Good post Pancho. See you tomorrow (Saturday the 27th) if we don't get rained out.
LL
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Pancho Peacemaker

Reminder:  We will have an NCOWS match this Saturday, Jan 10th.  Weather is looking good for Saturday:  high of 50 with clear skies.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Cole Bluesteele

Just finished the six stages for Saturday's match.  In addition to your shootin' irons, I hope you boys can handle a derringer and a big ol' bowie!

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Cole Bluesteele on January 08, 2009, 08:34:12 PM
Just finished the six stages for Saturday's match.  In addition to your shootin' irons, I hope you boys can handle a derringer and a big ol' bowie!

I got a new 12 foot Mexican bullwhip for Christmas.  Can I substitute the bullwhip for the bowie or the derringer?

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Ruidoso

Cole is having way to much fun with NCOWs. See ya there

lethal larry

Yep, Cole does appear to be having fun....just like me!  ;D

Pancho Peacemaker

Come on out and enjoy Valentine's Day with an NCOWS match at the Texas Ten Horns club

Match will be this Saturday, 2/14.  Registration begins at 9 AM.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Dr. Bob

Dang!  I sold my big old Bowie! :'( :'(  It was made about 1845 and was 17 inches overall.  Ivory grip, brass hardware, leather covered wood sheath with brass fittings and a heart shaped button to hold it in your belt.  Owned it for about 15 years and bought a couple of guns with the proceeds!  Now I have a Will & Fink [SF CA] Bowie that is only about 12 - 13 inches over all, but has a table knife sterling handle and brass hilt.  Bought it off of eBay, not described as a bowie and came across it in the Spanish War Militaria category.  Was walking through a local gun show and spied a period sheath in a case and spent more for it than the knife, but it fits like it was original to it! ;D ;D  The icing on the cake was that the handle was engraved with a D which is my last initial! :o ;D :o ;D

Sounds like you fellers are going to have a GREAT shoot.  Don't ferget to buy the ladies some of them yeller roses!! ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Tascosa Joe

See all yall Saturday.  Mr Violett is off playing FEMA rep in OK, trying help clean up after the wind.  I am looking forward to this weekend.  I hope it wont be as cold and windy as the last 2 shoots.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on February 09, 2009, 06:13:16 PM
Come on out and enjoy Valentine's Day with an NCOWS match at the Texas Ten Horns club

Match will be this Saturday, 2/14.  Registration begins at 9 AM.

Pancho

We are also planning a quick 10 minute lunch break after stage 4.  Please bring a sack lunch if so inclined.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Itchy Triggerfinger

I will be there on Valentines Day.  Ms. Jailbait wants to watch me shoot oncet then go play with her girlfriend in Sulfur Sprangs. 

I hope she will come back to pick me up.

Ms. Jailbait has never seen me shoot.  She has never touched a gun.  Let it be her idea if she wants to which I doubt.

Itchy, AKA the dastardly SHAMELESS WOMANIZER

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Itchy Triggerfinger on February 12, 2009, 01:47:58 PM
I will be there on Valentines Day.  Ms. Jailbait wants to watch me shoot oncet then go play with her girlfriend in Sulfur Sprangs. 

I hope she will come back to pick me up.

Ms. Jailbait has never seen me shoot.  She has never touched a gun.  Let it be her idea if she wants to which I doubt.

Itchy, AKA the dastardly SHAMELESS WOMANIZER

Shameless,

My Daisy Dakota is coming to shoot.  This will only be her second CAS match.  Below is a hint regarding her Valentine's Day Presents:

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Cole Bluesteele

Pansho,

I'm proud of you son.. ya read the rules.  They ain't Ruger "Bisleys".

See you both Saturday.  Got they stages written.  Check your email.

Cole

Tascosa Joe

Cole:

I have a S&W Baby Russian, in .38 SW, if you are planning for a pocket pistol stage on Valentines.  Let me know.  I have Lethal Larry's phone number, but did not get yours saved.  You may still have mine from our 1st conversations.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Pancho Peacemaker

Big NEWS:  NCOWS is expanding in Texas

Our Ten Horns Board of Director voted yesterday to expand our NCOWS match schedule.  We will now be shooting 2 NCOWS matches every month, starting in April:

Second Saturday every month NCOWS  (the cooresponding second Sunday will be a SASS match)
Fourth Sunday every month  NCOWS (the cooresponding fourth Saturday will be a SASS match)

Essentially, our club will have a two day CAS match the second and fourth weekend of every month.  This will allow folks traveling from a distance to come out and enjoy a whole weekend of cowboy action shooting.

Our club can offer up to 5 RV hook-ups if anyone is so inclined.

I'll post a link to our official club match calendar as soon as it's updated.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Irish Dave

Very cool, PP. That's great news.

Then again, what would one expect from Texas... don't you always do everything bigger down there?  ;)
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Dutch Limbach

Great idea! Sounds like double your pleasure. Double your fun.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

lethal larry

Pancho, we probably need to let folks know that we have changed our shooting schedule so we are shooting 2 NCOWS matches per month now instead of just the one.  I am very happy you show such and interest in our club and members. Good work pard.
Lethal Larry

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: lethal larry on March 11, 2009, 08:56:13 AM
Pancho, we probably need to let folks know that we have changed our shooting schedule so we are shooting 2 NCOWS matches per month now instead of just the one.  I am very happy you show such and interest in our club and members. Good work pard.
Lethal Larry

I've noted our expanded schedule in post #1 on this thread.  Please see above for our new match schedule or see our club calendar at:

http://www.texastenhorns.com/Calendar.htm

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com