Custom cartrige conversion? Long John Wolves?

Started by will52100, December 20, 2008, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will52100

I tried to send Long John a private message, but don't think it went through.  Was wanting to get contact info and pricing on maybe getting a Uberti or Pietta converted to a first model richards conversion.

Thanks!
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

Fox Creek Kid

LJW is not the gunsmith, Karl Nedbal is. Wolf has him do a lot of work and they have a great relationship. Nedbal does not speak English. Here is his website and you can click for English. The bad news is this: it is extremely difficult to import a cartridge weapon from Europe to the USA and it costs money and takes a lot of time. Remember, after your gun is converted it is no longer a percussion, but rather cartridge and all international laws then apply. You would be dollars & headaches ahead to buy an Uberti Type II conversion and have Karl Nedbal make you a correct 1st Model Richards ring & hammer to your gun's dimensions. That is what I did. You will then need a gunsmith to fit the ring and hammer.

http://www.nedbal.at/

will52100

I understand that LJW is not the gunsmith, just looking for contact info and such.  The PM did go through, and I got ahold of LJW.   Thanks for the link to Karl's site, very interesting.  I hadn't thought of converting a type 2 to a type one, I'll have to think about that.  I hadn't thought of the import laws, figured it would be considered parts.  One of these days when I get my shop finished I'll have to give it a go at converting my own, but rite now all my machine tools are packed up and I don't have time.

Thanks for the reply, I apreciate it,
Will
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com