Federal Regulations on Black Powder Guns

Started by Pappy Myles, December 10, 2008, 12:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy Myles

Just out of curiosity, what are the FFL requirements requarding Cap and Ball Guns.............

EG the Ruger old Army.

Is it treated just like a modern cartridge gun?
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Fairshake

Don't say that too loud, they might hear. At the present time C&B can be shipped without a FFL. You can sell or ship as a private citizen.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Pappy Myles

YEah thats what I thought cause I bought one mail order several years ago.    I found a ruger old army but the guy wont sell it to me without an ffl.   oh well

Not to argue with a fool,     you know

NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy

Although Federal law treats C&B guns as non-firearms, not all the states do. Some states put more stringent requirements on the sale of C&B guns than the Feds do.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com