Western wall plaque

Started by Johnny McCrae, December 06, 2008, 10:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Here is a picture of a "Wall Plaque". This is a way to showcase one's leather working skills. Something like this might make a nice Christmas gift for friends or a door prize for events.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/Wall%20plaques/100_0953.jpg

The gun is a rough facsimile of a Colt revolver as I do not have much in the line of wood working tools. I also thought of casting these out of plaster. "Fake, non-firing" guns appear to be rather expensive and I was looking for a low cost alternative. You do not need the full gun, just the part that shows. This one was a crude prototype made out of Balsa wood with a walnut grip. The holster and bullets are mounted on a piece of rough sawn cedar. Old distressed barn wood would be better. There are a lot of other items that could also be added such as spurs, buckles, wanted posters, cartridge box labels etc. I'm going to make another one using what I've learned and try to refine it a bit.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboywc

That is very cool. Great job.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool idea, pard. I like it. The rough cut pistol work nicely, too. Thanks for the pics. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Really cool, Johnny.
That little strip of cartridge loop really adds to it. ;)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

:)howdy Johnny,
That Is AWESOME!!, I dig that Idea! That would work as a door prize, top shooter Prize, x-mas gift. That realy looks nice!
Thanks for sharing Pard!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Johnnie that is a really good idea. You could even personalize them for specific people. they would make great gifts.
                                                    Thanks Pard!!!
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

Great idea for a Law Dawg retirement plaque.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com