Hide Crafters

Started by HorsePen Henry, November 30, 2008, 08:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorsePen Henry

Hey boys,
I finally got a catalog in the mail from Hide Crafters. It is a seasonal catalog which is only a few pages but they must still be in business. I hope they get a full line catalog out soon. Maybe after the new year is my speculation. Anybody else hear anything from them?

Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

JD Alan

I requested a catalog via email about a month ago, and I've not heard anything back yet, but it's good news that you have!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

outrider

I have also asked for a catalog but to no avail.  However, they do have an on-line catalog at their web-site.  www.hidecrafter.com
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

How do you see their catalog, Outrider? Every time I go to their site, none of the links, including the one to their catalog, work for me. I can get to a page to request a catalog but can't go on to the online one. I've talked to them on the phone recently so they're still in business but their website sure lacks. They'd get more business if people could see what they have.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

Amen to what Marshal Will said. I have requested catalogs several times, and I think I have recieved 2 in the last 5 years. I have the 04-05 catalog still, but its the last one I recieved other than a flyer once in a great while.
I have tried to order things, and some things listed online are no longer available, so I kind of gave up on them for now.
Hopefully they will get things in order. They have great products and prices imo.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

knucklehead

Marshall go to their link for catalogs and you will see this blurb

Just fill out and submit the form below and we will send you a FREE copy of our full color 116-page 10th Anniversary Catalog. Or you can click here to download and view our catalog. You will need Adobe Reader to download the file. The catalog file is rather large (17 MB), so please be patient.

where is says to click here you can download the catalog to your computer.
i agree their website is bad. you cant order via website. I think they would get more business if they would allow customers to order via website.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Dalton Masterson

Knucklehead, i got that 10th anniversary catalog a few years back. I think its outdated now.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: knucklehead on November 30, 2008, 12:37:30 PM
Marshall go to their link for catalogs and you will see this blurb

Just fill out and submit the form below and we will send you a FREE copy of our full color 116-page 10th Anniversary Catalog. Or you can click here to download and view our catalog. You will need Adobe Reader to download the file. The catalog file is rather large (17 MB), so please be patient.

where is says to click here you can download the catalog to your computer.
I did that already and couldn't get anything to appear. I'll go check my settings in my browser. Maybe the problem is there. Thanks.

OK, I set my security to allow hidecrafter.com. No joy yet. Here's what I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /uploads/Hide_Crafter_Catalog__10.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.hidecrafter.com Port 80

Old Top

Thanks Will,

I am happy I am not the only one that got that answer.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: dalton masterson on November 30, 2008, 02:08:49 PM
Knucklehead, i got that 10th anniversary catalog a few years back. I think its outdated now.
DM

Yep, I believe so. That is the old catalog I have had for about 4-5 years now. I put my name in their hopper for a new catalog about 18 months ago and I am still waiting for the updated catalog as of yet. I don't get in a hurry though.  ::) ;D

Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on November 30, 2008, 03:41:31 PM
I did that already and couldn't get anything to appear. I'll go check my settings in my browser. Maybe the problem is there. Thanks.

OK, I set my security to allow hidecrafter.com. No joy yet. Here's what I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /uploads/Hide_Crafter_Catalog__10.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.hidecrafter.com Port 80

Hello Will  :D

The web site is still there , I was on it today, I had to send them an e-mule, there web site is nothing special, there isn't anything to look at, I have had there last catalog for 3 1/2 years now , and was told to use it until I received my new one, and thats been about a year and a half now, I now they had to close there store in Colorado over a year ago, I sure hope they arn't in trouble, it seems like a lot of small business are having hard times these days, anyway try this web address it works for me. ;) I'm going to try and give them a call tomorrow.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

http://hidecrafter.com/Home.php
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on November 30, 2008, 09:46:36 PMThe web site is still there , I was on it today, I had to send them an e-mule, there web site is nothing special, there isn't anything to look at, I have had there last catalog for 3 1/2 years now , and was told to use it until I received my new one, and thats been about a year and a half now, I now they had to close there store in Colorado over a year ago, I sure hope they arn't in trouble, it seems like a lot of small business are having hard times these days, anyway try this web address it works for me. ;) I'm going to try and give them a call tomorrow.
I can get to and view their website and follow the links to request a catalog, sign up or go to their home page. I can't get anything on any other links like the Barry King hand tools, Barry King stainless steel stamps or the one to download and/or view their online catalog. In other words, I can do just about anything but find out what they offer so I can send them some money.

outrider

Hummm.. you are absolutely correct it comes up "NOT FOUND"...the last time I used them this on-line catalog was operational...maybe they are up-dating it
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

It's been that way for quite a while. When they get their catalog updated, I'll download it so I'll have it.

outrider

Their ears must be burning...I got a flier from them yesterday.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com