Conversion Cylinders

Started by warbucks16, November 18, 2008, 07:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warbucks16

Is there a problem with Service from River Junction Trade
Co. ,Kirst and R&D?

I purchased a Used Kirst Konverter in .31 Caliber and a R&D in the same Caliber without installation instructions for the 1849 Wells Fargo.

I have E-mailed Jim Boeke at River Junction and Walt Kirst attempting to get a set of installation instructions. It has been over a week and no replys and no instructions.

Ditto with R&D.

In the past they have been very helpful, has anyone else had the same lack of response?

Thanks for any Info and if anyone has a copy of the Installation Instructions I would be glad to purchase them.

Warbucks16

SASS Member
Storm Member #201
Scorrs Member
Retired Navy Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman
Marine Recon and Jump Qualified
Vietnam Viet 70-71 and proud of it!
Member NRA
45 Cowboy Special User.

warbucks16

Seth:

The Kirst has the backplate that you have to cut a loading groove for, the R&D is a drop in.

Thanks for asking.

Warbucks16
SASS Member
Storm Member #201
Scorrs Member
Member NRA
45 Cowboy Special User.

Sgt. Jake

Warbucks    When I purchased the R&D cyls. to convert,Kirst had not produced any in the cal. ,I chose,wished he had. Had a very tallented gunsmith,help me out of a tight spot with,very soft firing pins. I tryed for weeks,left messages at a couple of different phone numbers,with no responses. If you ever hear from R&D,run dont walk,to the nearest location and purchace a lottery ticket. This time of the year is hunting season in most areas,Id bet Walt might be gone huntin.    Good Luck  Sgt. Jake

warbucks16

Sgt. Jake:

I have had similar experiences with R&D, but I am really surprised that Walt Kist and Jim Boeke at River Junction Trade Co. Have not responded. Over the years I have purchased many of their products and have always been one of their biggest supporters, I   just recently purchased and installed their Richard Mason Type Ejector for my Uberti 1858.

Go figure.

If anyone out there can provide me with the Instructions, I would be happy to pay a reasonable charge for them.

Thanks Again.

Warbucks16
SASS Member
Storm Member #201
Scorrs Member
Member NRA
45 Cowboy Special User.

Hoof Hearted

Warbucks

I'm assuming you bought the 49 and cylinders posted on the sale board here............
I have some experience making the Kiirst work in this situation.
Email me and we'll talk, I'll walk you through it.
I am also good friends with Walt and can help you their also!

buckoff@alltel.net
Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

warbucks16

A previous buyer of mine from Gunbroker just E-mailed the Instructions for both.

Thanks for the help and support.

Warbucks16
SASS Member
Storm Member #201
Scorrs Member
Member NRA
45 Cowboy Special User.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com