Parts for Slicking Up your SAA-What Longhunter Said

Started by Grogan, November 15, 2008, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogan

The other day I got a call from Jim Finch, aka Longhunter, telling me that he was getting ready to send me a USFA SAA that he'd slicked up.

In the course of our discussion, I got asking Jim about the springs he uses when slicking up a SAA, and how he settled on what he did?  (I also asked about the Wolff Mainspring and Heine wire Bolt/Trigger Spring, both supplied by Brownell's that are often recommended)

Jim told me that he'd "tried 'em all", and that while those "feel good", that in his experience and through the rigors of years of competition that he's found that Lee's Gunsprings are what he uses and will continue to use.  "They're just the best ones for this job."

So, next time I go to use/install lighter springs in an SAA, it's going to be a kit from Lee's.

Here's a link that has them on it.

http://cowboyshooters.com/

Regards,
Grogan, SASS #3584

Frontiersman: The only category where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s. -Canada Bill

August

We were sitting around between match action one day and I had the opportunity to hold and cycle several SA pistols.  I had one in each hand, so the comparison was clear and immediate.  Some of the pistols included tuned Cimmeron's, tuned Colt's, and (my own) Longhunter USFA SAs.

My testimony is that there is no comparison between Jim's product and any other pistol out there.  The Longhunter gunz are smoother, lighter, and more positive than any.  They are also very, very accurate.

I tell everyone who's looking for gunsmithing or new gunz that Jim Finch IS the huckleberry.

(I have received no renumeration for this endorsement)

Willie Dixon

Wow, am I living in the right area, Lee's Gunsmithing is only about 15 minutes away from my house!  I'll have to go down and ask him about my up-coming Rodeos, see what he has to say about them.
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Major 2

I just got my 51 Conversion back from Longhunter....w/ Lee Springs

I'll second Jim's opinion about Lee Springs
His work made the gun slick as worm butter on Glass.

when planets align...do the deal !

Blackpowder Burn

I've got to throw in my 2 cents about Long Hunter's work.  About 3 months ago I bought 2 USFA Premium SAA's in 44-40 with 4-3/4" barrels.  I've shot 5 matches (30 stages) since the purchase.  Lord knows I'm not fast and don't often shoot a clean match.  BUT - since obtaining these guns, I've not missed a single pistol target - shooting Gunfighter.  These are the slickest and most accurate guns I have ever handled.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com