Armi San Paolo SS 58

Started by Dusty Morningwood, November 12, 2008, 08:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

Any idea what an unfired SS Armi San Paolo 58 might be worth?  Considering taking one in trade.  Here are pics.

Hoof Hearted

My guess would be less than $200.00  :-\

You sure of the manufacture?
Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2008, 08:38:55 PM
My guess would be less than $200.00  :-\

You sure of the manufacture?

I think Euroarms made the Armi San Paolo guns.  ???

Long Johns Wolf

DM: the other way round. ASP used to be the production outfit and Euroarms the selling one. If memory serves early 1990s they consolidated the operations under the Euroarms brand.
Among others ASP made a nice SS Colt 1960 clone with brass backstrap.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Fox Creek Kid

Long Johns Wolf

Don't want to steal the thread Dusty but ...weren't they nice?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Dusty Morningwood

Dang if that ain't anice 1860.  Stop tempting me!  ;D  ;D  ;D

But I am chasing fancy pocket revolvers now, so I can stay pretty focused.  8)

GunClick Rick

How is that stainless workin for ya Dusty? :) Did ya shoot it today?
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: GunClick Rick on November 22, 2008, 01:20:32 PM
How is that stainless workin for ya Dusty? :) Did ya shoot it today?
Hey GCR:
Actually I got talked out of it by a pard here.  Needed to get that 1 of 5000 moved for my buddy, so I bought it from him, traded it to you for the SS 58 and sold the 58.  Considering the cost of putting the 1 of 5000 on Gunbroker and all this shipping, I came out ahead the cost of a Happy Meal on this deal!  But it is one of those occassions where everybody wins and I do love to work a deal.  ;D  BTW, saw a used plain unengraved one at Sheels yesterday with a $275 price tag on it.

GunClick Rick

Dang burnit i ain't never gonna know how it shoots   :( i already miss it :) but glad someone will shoot it..
Bunch a ole scudders!

hellgate

Rick,
I'll give you a full report on how it shoots. Fox Creek Kid will vouch for me as a buyer who will complain, whine, and howl if everything isn't just perfect.  ;) ;D  I had Dusty talked out of it before he even got it (an offer he couldn't refuse). I needed a mate for my other SS Euro '58. Seems I need a pair of everything. I'm not sure when I will take it out on its shake out cruise but first I will monkey with it and polish its innards if needed.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

GunClick Rick

I just wish i had one ::) I had a smith go through it,shouldn't need much..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: GunClick Rick on November 24, 2008, 06:54:39 PM
I just wish i had one ::) I had a smith go through it,shouldn't need much..
Hey GCR:
According to USPS they put the 1 of 5000 on a yak train out of M/SP, MN on the 18th.  Maybe it got snowed in up at Donner Pass.  ;D

hellgate

She's a keeper! It arrived yesterday but we have company so I have not had time to do any stripping or lubing but it does appear to be unfired except for some caps having been popped and one or two nipples slightly dinged. No biggies. It does have a nice action like my other one. There is occasional cylinder overtravel when cocked so I might have to shave a hair off one of the bold arms or shape the bolt. I hope to shoot it this weekend.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

hellgate

Maybe it is called an arm, leg, or wing. The bolt has two flat parts that stick up, one of which glides over the cam on the hammer as it is cocked to lower and reset the bolt. Taking a tiny bit off the top will let the bolt snap upward sooner and catch the rotating cylinder notches (bolt cutouts?).

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com