Obit for a friend

Started by kid sheleen, November 12, 2008, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid sheleen

:(  Today we mourn the passing of Jack "Big 'Un" Marble, a faithful friend and colleaque who passed away loudly yesterday evening from complications of blunt force trauma, caused by too many whacks with a rawhide mallet and an assortment of Craftools.

Born sometime around 1920, in his early years, Jack was employed in the kitchen as a cutting board, bread kneader base, and oversaw the making of fudge and other culinary delights.  For the last 20 years he has seen service in the leather working trade, and countless numbers of belts, holsters, knife sheaths, and others items have been tooled on his surface.

He is survived by his wife, Poly-Board.  The cuople had no children.

Visitation and viewing are scheduled for this evening from 6 - 8 PM, followed by interrment in the barn.  A wake is planned following the service. BYOB.  :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

outrider

Kid,

Ya gonna have a barn dance afterwards???? ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Sorry for your lose, I know it will be missed, now about that barn dance, are ya gona spike the punch, I'll be there  :P

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Call Norm Abrams.  Even without a measured drawing, I think he can use biscuits and glue to put Ol' Jack back together.  It's not too late.   Might freak everybody out at the dance to see it rise again though.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

kid sheleen

Quote from: outrider on November 12, 2008, 11:17:28 AM
Kid,

Ya gonna have a barn dance afterwards???? ;D

No,  I'm a saintly old man who doesn't hold with all the vices.  Course, that doesn't keep me from takin' a saintly pleasure in them now and again. ;)

What the heck!  Anybody know a good fiddler?  Mind the horse flop and the hay mow is off limits to all but married couples and professional ladies with paying customers.  Get your tokens at the door.  The drinks are on Jack! ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

HorsePen Henry

Sorry about Ol' Jack. He musta been a fine working pardner for all them years. I suppose you'll stand 'im up against the juke box and see 'im off real fine.

One of my friends once said he wanted to be made into a fine saddle when he bites the dust and given to a rodeo queen.
That way he could spend his resting years in between the two things he loves the best in this life. A fine horse with a lot a bottom to him and a fine lady with a lot a ......... well anyways! It don't sound half bad ta me either.
However, I suppose Ol' Jack may make a pretty hard seat for a gal. ;D ;)

Cheers to Ol' Jack,
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

kid sheleen

:D  Well HP, as usual you hit the nail on the head again.  Ol' jack told me onct to just just stand him up in the tack room next to an old saddle, put Marty Robbins' "Songs of the Gunfighter" on the record player,  put a piece of Herman Oak on one side and a bottle of Neat-Lac on the other, and if he woke up he'd be ready to party again! ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

swordboy

I say the best way to do him justise is to use it in as many other projects as you can that way it doesn't go to waste and a piece of him will always live on
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com