Selling my Centaure

Started by Dusty Morningwood, November 09, 2008, 11:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

Thought I would offer this to the discriminating crowd here before offering to the great unwashed on GunBroker. ;D

I took this 1960 NEW MODEL ARMY CENTENNIAL CENTAURE as part of a trade.  I had in mind a conversion project, but it is entirely too nice for that.  I would rate its condition at over 95% and that may be conservative.  Its only flaw is an easy fix: it over indexes when cocked hard.  A small hand or bolt adjustment for you guys.  ;)

According to our resident expet Long Johns Wolf this one is:

..."a regular New Model Army, 3rd variation (Colt-type naval scene), probably 2nd sub-variation (if she has the cut for the shoulderstock in the butt [YES], without it would be a 3rd sub-variation) in solid condition if the outside appearance is similar to what the bore and the chambers are likely to look . According to the S/N she was made very likely in 1966 (certainly before 1968 because the inspector marks * over S and the crown over R mark is present which were discontinued 02/68).
In spring this year a similar 3rd variation with only 20 % bluing left (!) was sold at GunBrokers for $ 350,00 in the USA
."

I am asking $400 + $15 shipping for this.

Dusty Morningwood

OK, going to try over on the SASSifieds!   ::)

Long Johns Wolf

If I only were in the USA. I'd love to have one of these 3rd variation regular NMA's.
Dusty, do you happen to be over here on this side of the pond anytime soon?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Paladin UK

Fer Dusty.
Like LJW says..............

Iffn you wuz this side of the pond I`d SNAP it up!! It looks an absolute BEAUT!! ;D

I think it will have a very happy New owner Very Soon!"

Paladin (What really would have liked to own that smokpole  :( ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Dusty Morningwood

Now Paladin and LJW.  You fellas know I would gladly ship it to you!   ::) I mean, how much could it cost?  Or are the restrictions just too complicated?  Sadly, I will not be traveling across the pond anytime soon.  Gettin' hitched and that will keep me closer to home now.  ;D

Long Johns Wolf

Dusty, no restrictions at this end. I can import the pistol with my license. All I have to do is getting an import license which includes the S/N and the seller's name & address but...shipping (cost) might be prohibitive:
Please, check out your end regarding shipping options, possible paperwork and related cost. I understand these C&B pistols are no firearms in the US of A by BATF definition (so you might not need an export license) but it might be hard to find a shipping agent certified to ship guns to Germany.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on November 11, 2008, 01:37:33 AM
I understand these C&B pistols are no firearms in the US of A by BATF definition (so you might not need an export license) but it might be hard to find a shipping agent certified to ship guns to Germany.
Long Johns Wolf
I would assume that since I can ship any C&B pistol or long gun via US Postal Service, that would work.  I have shipped two antique cartridge revolvers to France this way.

Long Johns Wolf

How much was it and when?
I feel we are approaching a deal, Dusty.
Long Johns Wolf

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on November 11, 2008, 08:49:48 AM
How much was it and when?
I feel we are approaching a deal, Dusty.
Long Johns Wolf
LJW:
It's been a couple of years - maybe less, so I would have to recalculate postage.  I would need your postal code to get a quote from USPS.  I would love for someone who really appreciates these to have it.
Dusty

Long Johns Wolf

Dusty, I'll send you a PM.
Long Johns Wolf

Fox Creek Kid

I wish I could buy LJW's early type Uberti '75 Remmy.  :'(

Long Johns Wolf

FCK: be careful your wishes may come true but you are in trouble, however.
The good news: the Remmi is still available and $ are gaining against the €.
The bad news: an US collector bought one of my semi-autos in August and he still has not received his import permit from the BATF. In addition I am unable to find a shipping agent over here who is a. certified to transfort guns (firemarm by US definition) internationally and b. will not rip you off an arm and a leg.
My current understanding regarding a sale German to US private citizen: getting an US import licence for an US citizen is time consuming & I don't know about the cost. Shipping a single firearm (firearm by US definition) legally over the big pond at an affordable price is a non issue. The only way currently know to me for the US buyer to get it into the US is to take possession over here personally (on a trip to Germany) and taking the pistol home in his checked luggage. But I don't know about possible import hazzles even with the proper BATF papers or import duties.
So much about the global market.
Long Johns Wolf

Fox Creek Kid

Maybe you could have brought it with you on your recent trip to the States legally(?).  ??? 

Long Johns Wolf

FCK: I had an import licence for temporary import of your BATF only. That is the one I apply for every year to bring my cowboy guns into the USA to attend some shoots there. That licence is specific by S/Ns for certain guns.
I understand that is the only licence they issue to non-imigrating aliens. Or is there another one that I am not aware of?
Long Johns Wolf

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on November 13, 2008, 03:51:40 AM
...Or is there another one that I am not aware of?
Long Johns Wolf

Tell them I beat you in a gunfight & I took your gun.  ;D :D ;)

Long Johns Wolf

Dusty here is one happy customer: I "liberated" her today from our local customs office and brought her home where she belongs...to fellow centaures.
Thanks for going through the trouble of international shipping & regards
Long Johns Wolf

Dusty Morningwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com