Uberti Schofield value

Started by MOSQUITO JACK, November 09, 2008, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOSQUITO JACK

Hi Guys
   I have a chance to buy a couple of Uberti Schofields, and I am curious if  the price is fair. They are a pair of 7 1/2 inch in 45 cal with consecutive 3 didgit serial #s in 95 percent condition. The asking price is  $1600. They seem to be better made than current production guns, much tighter and crisp. Also there is a 44/40, 5" barrel in 95 percent condition 1999 production for sale but no price set, how much do you all think it is worth?

Thanks
                                                                    Jack    ;D
NRA
ZOOT 97
SASS #19425
R.A.T.S. 362
R.O.W.S.S. #28
Sgt. U.S. Army 1975-1979
54th Med Det.(RA) Ft Lewis Wa.

St. George

You might want to take a look through any of the gun auction/sales sites - like www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.com in order to get a greater feel for the marketplace.

That seems like an awfully high asking price for used Italian repros with little collector value other than the happenstance of serial numbering - and even if that 5" barrelled one was thrown in - it's still be a high price for used Italian revolvers.

That sounds harsh, I know - but used C&WAS guns are generally a drag on the market, overall - ask any dealer on a Sunday, when they're getting ready to fold their tables at a gun show.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Pettifogger

The seller is basically asking MSRP for used guns.  Used ones should be considerably less.  $1,000.00 for the pair would be closer to a fair price for used guns.

Jubel

I purchased my first Uberti 7 1/2 inch bbl new in the box on, gunbroker.com for just under $700.

I purchased my 3 1/2 incher 1999 production same place for under $600, I understand and have

seen the 44-40 versions new for just over and under $500. If however these Schofields are what you really want

then pay what you can afford, negotiate, or feel comfortable with and "prevaricate/lie" as you feel necessary

to save face about the actual price.  Life is too short not to own a few things you really want. 8) :-X
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Pitspitr

The prices on new ones are even all over the place. Cabela's is listing one new one at just over $1000 and another new one at just under $800. From what they (Cabela's) are saying there is a back log on orders for new ones and if they were to special order one to expect a 6 month wait with no price garuntees.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com