Latest "non-cowboy" holster project

Started by Marshal Tac, November 02, 2008, 03:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Tac

I had a partner ask me to make him a holster for his 1911 that he could use for CCW or as a "Bar-B-Q Rig" (for showing off his purty 1911).

This is how it came out... I think it turned out pretty well. Well enough that I thought I would share it with you'all.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/1911BasketweaveLtbrown.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/1911LtBrown.jpg

-Tac
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Ace Lungger

:)Howdy MT,
I like your holster, looks like a Fancy factory moulded 1911 holster!
Thats for sharing, I bet your friend is smilely Big Time!!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

That holster looks good with that 1911. Good work. Your buddy should be happy with that. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Tac

Thanks guys... That's my 1911 that I used for the moulding process.. His is much purty-er than mine. His is a Stainless Springfield national match that we both did ALOT of work to.  It's a tack driver. The gun in the photo is one of my daily carry guns and was what I had handy to use for a mold. It's a tack driver too... :)

This is the first holster I have made with anything more than a border stamp, so I was pleased with the basket weave. I practiced for a few days before I could bring myself to put that tool to the leather. It turned out nice. I made him a matching basket weave stamped mag pouch too, but it was still drying and not finished when I took the photo.

It's nice having friends who appreciate your hobbies...
Thanks pards.
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

outrider

Tac,

Good looking rig for sure....and you definately know a good carry gun when you see one  ;D  I carried a Combat Commander when I was on the job
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

randyc

Tac
Real good looking holster. I'm sure your friends happy. Keep up the good work!

Randy
Randy Cooley
Bulldog Custom Gun Leather
www.bulldogleathercompany.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Tac,

Beautiful work on that 1911 Holster. That's one heck of a molding job you did there. Many thanks for shating this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com