Tried out my new 2nd hand Scattergun today....

Started by Paladin UK, October 29, 2008, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

Ho pards

I tried out my new 2nd hand Scattergun today....

Its an old Stevens 1500. 12g SXS. :D

I bought it on Saturday and as I`d never seen a Stevens fer sale before I jest had ta have it!!and today wuz the first chance we had ta shoot it  I must admit I wuz a bit wary as it looked like it hadn't been shot in YEARS!! and it looked vary sad, the barrel bluing is flat there are a few dinks in the woodwork  That aside the barrels themselves  Sparkle!!  and it shot `Like a dream` Me `n` Ned put home loads, duplex loads, factory loads..You name it we tried it and it jest eat them up!! Even though the chambers hadn't been polished it even shucked BOTH shells out nearly every time. ;D

Over the next few weeks I`m gonna work on it , first up is a haircut!! 29" is WAY too long Soooo they are gonna be 24 1/4" (Legal maximum here in the UK). then, I`m gonna strip off the crappy varnish that's left on the furniture and refinish it finally I`m gonna do some serious polishing of all the bits that touch.
I`ll post some piccies when I`ve finished it

Paladin (What lurvs his new 2nd hand Scattergun!! ;D ) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Sod Buster

Quote from: Paladin UK on October 29, 2008, 02:57:43 PM
[Paladin (What lurvs his new 2nd hand Scattergun!! ;D ) UK

I'm sure your new (to you) Scattergun luvs  :-* you too since you rescued it from it's boring life.  You are probably right -  it had not been used in years.  Now keep your scattergun happy - not sad.  Take it out and feed it with a healthy diet of the one true powder!  Restore the gun to it's one true purpose.  Going BOOM and puttin' a big grin  ;D on your face.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Wills Point Pete

Your new (to you) scattergun will knock down the knockdowns better with the tubes uncut. Chokes do make a difference.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Rusty Spurless

Congrats pard!

Aint new guns great? Its like a new mistress!   :o 8) ;D
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

Paladin UK

Thanks fer yer replies pards, ;D

I`m SURE she is gonna have a better (`n` more active) life, now!!

Fer WPP.........
Quote Your new (to you) scattergun will knock down the knockdowns better with the tubes uncut. Chokes do make a difference.

`preciate yer suggestions pard But I kin tell ya thar aint NO way those KDs are gonna escape!! :o Even iffn I miss those KDs with my Shattergun, I jest beat them inta submission with the butt!!.... I win either way!!  ;D

Paladin (What always wins  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

litl rooster

have you posted enny piccies yet on your website? ;D
Mathew 5.9

Angel_Eyes

"24 1/4" (Legal maximum here in the UK)."

Hey Paladin, dont you go giving our American cousins duff info , they will think we can do what we like to our smokepoles!!
Just a bit of a typo there buddy, but we still love ya!

By the way, do you consider 60gr Holy Black, too much out of a Walker???

UKshooter, (your Mansfield pard.)

PS. How far is Church Crookham from your ranch?
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Dick Dastardly

Ho PUK,

That Stevens 1500 anything like the 311s?  I've got me Three 311s and they don't like to stay open enuf to shuck out empties.  Other than that tho, they are the toughest scatterguns going.  One is a 20ga, one is a 16ga and the other is a 12ga.  I wish Stevens would have made one in 10ga.

Of the Three, I like the 16a best.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Paladin UK

Fer Litl rooster,

Don't fret none pard, I`ll be postin piccies jest as soon as I finish it, up to now I have chopped the tubes ta  24 1/4",and re-fitted the original bead,  slimmed down the  grip and taken some meat off the sides of the stock, and removed the checkering from the for-end so both bits are plain, I`m Still on with  re-dying the stock and the for-end, I was gobsmacked when I removed the varnish from them, the stock is a red hard wood and the for-end is a walnut brown!!.

Fer UKshooter,

Yer right I didn't mention that its the TUBES I`m shortenin ta 24 1/4" AS 24" is the legal length for the TUBES not the gun!!

Fer DD,

I think I`ve found a fix for the opening problem, iffn it works I`ll post the info on to ya pard.

Paladin (What lurvs his Stevens) UK

Paladins Web Site

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

In Jolley Olde England only gangstas get to saw-off their (stolen) trap guns!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

litl rooster

that's what's cornfussing me I thought PUK was a gangsta
Mathew 5.9

Angel_Eyes

Litl Rooster, stick with that thought!!

UKshooter
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Paladin UK

O OH!! :o

:o :o They`re onta me!! :o :o

Paladin (aka Philadelphia Phil ) UK

Paladins Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com