Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society?

Started by J.R. Logan, October 25, 2008, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.R. Logan

It looks like this season is about to close.  So looking to next year how many would be interested in a Hideout/Pocket pistol/Derringer shoot?  If so what other guns would you like to see used to shoot the stage with?  This would be for 6 stages or less if people do not want to shoot them on every stage. 

If there is interest I will work up some stages for next year and let people know what Month we will try this.

J. R. Logan

swordboy

oddly enough I was bouncing an idea around in my head for a good story to shoot ........ let me work out the details and stages then I'll post it so you can give me some feed back
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Ottawa Creek Bill

JR.....
Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us a little better next year!!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Dr. Bob

How about pocket pistols shot from a row boat?? ::) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

swordboy

how about a card game gone bad  8) start seated at a table hands behinde your head ,fingers laced(like your leaning back relaxing or gloating over a winning hand) buzzzer goes off flip the table draw your gun from a conncealed place (boot, back or belly) shoot 3 targets across from you ..... 3 more across the room ...... move "out side" and retreve a lever gun or pump gun and take out five incoming baddies ...... now since the first part of this starts with the baddies right in front of you the across the table shots only count in a four inch circle over the heart or like wise in the head
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Tjackstephens

I like shooting my pocket pistol. I have a S&W top break, the lemon squeezer. It only holds 5 rounds. Most places only allow 4 rounds, so it will sat on an empty. Swordboy are you talking about using two pocket pistols are reloading? TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!  To all interested parties.

Yesterday (25 Oct. 08) was our last "official" shoot for 2008.  The website mistakenly says that there will be a November shoot, however, that is the first weekend of the main hunting season.  We CAN hold other shoots, but it has to be coordinated, as most of us with the timers, etc. won't be there.  (I hope to be gone MYSELF.  If so it will be my 1st Deer hunt!)

Anyway, if there is interest in shooting other times - like Nov.- Mar. '09 - be sure and contact me or Jed Cooper or Bill Proctor.  The range CAN be available with pre-planning.

Thanks,

Jeff  "Steel Horse Bailey"
SMVS Range Safety Officer
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

swordboy

Quote from: Tjackstephens on October 26, 2008, 08:41:09 AM
I like shooting my pocket pistol. I have a S&W top break, the lemon squeezer. It only holds 5 rounds. Most places only allow 4 rounds, so it will sat on an empty. Swordboy are you talking about using two pocket pistols are reloading? TJ

I ment a six gun with a snub nose barrel (under four inches)

like this

Books OToole

It won't work wiith a "lemon squeezer" but the other DA & SA Smith & Wesson pocket pistols can be carried with 5 rounds and the hammer down between rounds.  I have worked with my DAs and they lock up safely and function flawlessly in that manner.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Tjackstephens

That little S&W lemon squeezer is such a fine gun. Chambered in 38 S&W it has a lot of knock down power. Would like to use it more, just not many places or matches it fits in. The last time I shot it was the National shoot. Most of the time if you write a stage with a pocket pistol, the shooters don't have one and most do not like it. TJ

J.R. if you have a shoot where one is used a lot, let me know I will try to come.  Books, I have been places that let you load all five and place the gun on a table or someplace where you just pick it up and shoot. TJ 
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Books OToole

Quote from: Tjackstephens on October 26, 2008, 04:51:58 PM
  Books, I have been places that let you load all five and place the gun on a table or someplace where you just pick it up and shoot. TJ 

That works most of the time depending on the stage/senarion.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Steel Horse Bailey

All ya gotta do is mention that you have one (Pocket Pistol) and we'll add it/them to the scenario - which is usually made up right there on the spot!  ::)

Some may fault us - I prefer to think that we're flexible!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com