NCOWS in Northern Virginia?

Started by US Scout, October 23, 2008, 05:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US Scout

This morning (Thursday, 23 Oct) at about 5.20am I saw a reddish SUV with a NCOWS sticker on the rear window (also a SASS sticker) on I-66 near the Vienna Metro exit. 

If this applies to anyone, would appreciate a PM.  There are so few NCOWS members in this area it would be nice to know who we are.

Thanks.

Sod Buster

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Will Ketchum

Bill, didn't you get the plate number?  With your connections I wouldn't think you would have a problem tracking them down  ;)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

US Scout

Well if I'd gotten the plate number then I wouldn't be asking!  ;D

I think I was totally shocked to see the NCOWS sticker.  I see a few SASS stickers now and again, but this is the first NCOWS I've seen in this area.

Books OToole

Bill;

Jim Supica is an NCOWS member and will soon be moving to Northern Virgina to assume the Directorship of the NRA Museum.
That would make at least three of you.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Delmonico

Just a thought, Frencie is in Maryland and I think he is a NCOWS memeber, maybe he snuck across the line.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Sod Buster

US Scout:

I think I found out who it was.  A shooter at our monthly SASS shoot in King George, VA today was driving a reddish Ford Escape SUV.  He has both NCOWS and SASS decals on his rear window.  He said he does drive past the Vienna Metro on I-66 on his way to work.

I will PM you his email address.

Books OToole

A guy called "litl rooster" posts on CAS City is also a Virginian.  I don't whether he is an NCOWS member or not.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

US Scout

Sod Buster,

Sounds like he might be the one.

I'll give him a shout.

Scout

Sod Buster

Quote from: Books OToole on October 26, 2008, 02:42:20 PM
A guy called "litl rooster" posts on CAS City is also a Virginian.  I don't whether he is an NCOWS member or not.

Books

Books:

My shooting pard, Litl Rooster (SASS alias AUGUSTUS) is not an NCOWS member.  I am sure that if we could ever organize an NCOWS shoot here in Northern VA (where US Scout & I live) that Litl Rooster would come.

Sod Buster

US Scout,

I told him you might be contacting him.

Fox Creek Kid

Frenchie

Quote from: Delmonico on October 25, 2008, 12:44:40 PM
Just a thought, Frenchie is in Maryland and I think he is a NCOWS member, maybe he snuck across the line.

I drive a gray '98 Crown Vicky that I call "Das Boot". I know exactly where US Scout saw that SUV because when I was living in Manassas I had a job in DC and rode the Metro in, and of course Rte 66 is how you get to and from Manassas unless all you ever travel is north <> south.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

US Scout

Sod Buster -

I sent him an e-mail and he appears to be the one I saw.

I'm in the Mid-East for a few weeks but told him I'd be in touch when I got back.

Looks like we might have enough local folks to form a posse - should we want to.  Something to ponder on.

Sod Buster

Charles Isaac

I work in Norfolk and go up to Quantico about once every couple of months or so. Not an NCOWS member yet, but will definitely join soon. ;)

Who organizes shoots for this area?

Sod Buster

Charles, there is no NCOWS activities in NoVa yet - that is what we are trying to get started.
Stay tuned.......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com