Half Flap holster

Started by Rusty Spurless, October 20, 2008, 08:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Spurless

Can one of you gents direct me to a vendor that makes high quality 1/2 flap holsters?

I surfed the web for a while & only came up with one place. I would like some options  :)

Much obliged.
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

St. George

Any of the better holster makers can build one for you.

I'd suggest reviewing a copy of 'Packing Iron', to see if something strikes your fancy.

The 'half-flap' holster is most closely associated with military issue and later on, 'outdoorsmen' - and as you know, they don't vary in appearance by much - the military-issue being a reverse-draw variety worn on the right hip.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Trap

Google Carrico Leather, Edna KS, Good quality, Authentic styles, Reasonably priced.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

River City John

www.carricoleather.com/oldwestleather.html

www.gunfighter.com/trailrider/tr_holster3.html

www.chisholmstrailleather.com/Historical_Old_West_Holsters_Famous_Holsters_Western_Movie_Holsters.shtml#Historical_Cowboy_Famous_Frontier_Holsters_Movie_Holsters

Just a quick search turned up these. All show flap holsters on the page.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Major 2

Quote from: Trap on October 20, 2008, 09:02:35 AM
  Google Carrico Leather, Edna KS, Good quality, Authentic styles, Reasonably priced.

second that !
when planets align...do the deal !

Steel Horse Bailey

I've seen all that have been mentioned and you wouldn't be sorry with what they sell.

Also, our own Trailrider is something of an Olde West expert and makes OUTSTANDING repro leather!

http://www.gunfighter.com/trailrider/tr_holster.html

I'd suggest calling him; there's a LOT that ISN'T shown on his website.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Steel Horse Bailey

OOPS!

I see that River City John posted his link already!

That's OK - his stuff is twice as good as some that can be found!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Here is an outfit that used to be popular.  I've seen this "in the flesh" and they are pretty good, 'though not exactly out of Packin Iron.

http://www.wolfearsequipment.com/Pg3.html
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Books OToole

If you want something made that is in Packing Iron; then Homer Brown out of Kentucky can do it.

He made me a copy of the R.E. Rice holster (page 101) for my 5 1/2 in. 1875.
H.B. Brown Leatheworks at Lebenon Junction, KY. [per Ima Sureshot. - thanks]

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Ima Sure Shot

Books and all, Homer is at Lebanon Junction, KY.  Homer is an NCOWS-Johnson Co. Rangers- member also. HB Brown Leatherworks Phone number 502-833-3018. Ima Sureshot

Tjackstephens

Ima Sure Shot, ad my name to the list that is happy with Homer's leather. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Rusty Spurless

I will have to check in with Homer.

Being a shiny new NCOWS member I planned on shooting with the Johnson County Rangers come spring. They only about 45min from my house.
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Rusty Spurless on October 22, 2008, 04:13:35 PM
I will have to check in with Homer.

Being a shiny new NCOWS member I planned on shooting with the Johnson County Rangers come spring. They only about 45min from my house.

Rusty, you'll have fun!

Then you can get with some of them and make your way to Martinsville and shoot with us at the Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society range, http://home.comcast.net/~smvsposse/ and/or come to Modoc and join us at the Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co. http://home.comcast.net/~greatlakesfmc/ (A number of us shoot/belong to both clubs. And Ky., too.)

We look forward to meeting you either at one of our clubs, or perhaps when some of us Hoosiers mosey down to Ken-tuck area and shoot with our pards there!

Rusty Spurless

I'll be looking forward to it!

Be fun shooting with another DAT... Or a C-DAT in your case  ;D
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Rusty Spurless on October 23, 2008, 11:21:28 AM
I'll be looking forward to it!

Be fun shooting with another DAT... Or a C-DAT in your case  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com