One rig, 4 pistols

Started by Grizzly Smith, October 19, 2008, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly Smith

I am planning to shoot Remmy '58's BP and want a pair of open tops for cartridge. Can I use the same holsters for both or will I need to get a pair for each style?

The barrel lengths will be the same.

Thanks

Grizz

Dalton Masterson

You can find a set that will fit the Remington, then put the Colts in, but they will probably fall in a little far. The Remington is a little bulkier as far as leather goes. My Colts go all the way into my Remmy holsters. Still useable, but not ideal.
The ejector rod may help a little on the Colt, to make it a little less sloppy in there, but its still not ideal. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Gun Butcher

OK Grizz, I am not the final word on this topic so you can take what I say for whatever its worth.
 The Rem 58's are going to be bigger thru the cylinder/frame area than the open tops. Which will mean that the OT's will be a very loose fit in the Remmy holsters.  Also if the OT's are converted with an ejection rod the muzzle end of the holster will have to be wet molded for the rod handle to fit well.
In my humble opinion, you and your pistolas would be happier if they each had a home of there own,if you know what I mean.

Some of you other pards can get in here and make sure I am giving the man good info.  Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Grizzley

It would be safer if you just had designated holsters for the two different guns, the OT could be too sloppy and loose to carry safely, you don't want to be worrying about a gun falling out of its holster. if you don't care about the holsters you have now, you could put in a Chicago screw in the holster right under the trigger guard, or at the outside edge of the trigger guard on the holster, by doing this you could adjust the tension and make it tighter or looser, this would get you by , but it wouldn't look as good , seperate holsters for the two different guns is the best way to go, ( IMHO )  ??? The use of a hammer thong would help, but wouldn't work well on stages, you want to be able to get your guns out quick and easy, but you also want the holster to hold the gun firmly.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

I agree with the other pards here that the two pistol types will do way better with their own holsters.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Grizzly Smith

That's pretty much what I thought. I haven't bought my rig yet, so when I order it I can order the 2nd set of holsters to keep them matched.

Thanks pards.

Grizz

Major 2

I'm with the majority on this one...
However, I have found David Carrico's Slim Jims w/ toe plug excepts either.

I have one fitted to my 7 1/2" Remington and the 8" Richards works well in it also
just an FYI
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com