Like a moth to a flame

Started by Grizzly Smith, October 18, 2008, 07:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly Smith

I'm a brand new SASS member and have been facinated with BP since the first time I saw any of the Italian Westerns. I'm in the middle of doing my research into what I want to shoot, but for the time being it looks like Remmy 58's.

I live in the SW Missouri area around Branson. If anyone is gonna be at the State Match next weekend, can I pester you with tons of questions? That or I can unleash them here.

Anyway, glad to meet y'all and look forward to pickin some brains!!!

Grizz

Fingers McGee

Welcome to the darkside Grizz.  I'm in Mid MO near Ft Leonard Wood and shoot BP & subs exclusively.  I'll be at the Show Me Shootout next weekend.  Central Ozarks Western Shooters has their final match of the season tomorrow if you want to come up.  Direction are on the web site.  You'll also run into Nozzle Rag on here.  He lives in Springfield and will be at the Show Me Shootout too. 

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Grizzly Smith

Thanks for the offer Fingers, but I took on call this weekend so I could go to the shoot next weekend. Will look for ya.

Grizz

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy, Grizzley Smith!

Unless you wander over to Indiana, I'll probably never have the honor of meeting you.

However ... Welcome to the Darkside.

I'm a SASS member as well, a lifer, but I shoot more NCOWS these days.  NCOWS stresses more authenticity as a rule than SASS and at least at the clubs I go and shoot with, around 50-75% of us shoot BP.

Here's my club's websites:

http://home.comcast.net/~smvsposse/

http://home.comcast.net/~greatlakesfmc/

And here is where you can find out about NCOWS:

http://ncows.org/

NCOWS and SASS exist together;  we're NOT in competition with each other - and we are NOT "authenticity Nazis" like some wrongly believe.

And we LOVE shooting BP ...

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Noz

Hi, Griz and Welcome to the fire.
Fingers gets a lot wrong anymore, age you see. I don't live in Springfield but 40 miles on to the west in Verona. We'll be in Branson for the biggy this coming weekend. Look me up or find Fingers or Titewad Swede or Little Jim(lives in Kimberling City) or any of the Ozarks Posse or the Southern Missouri Rangers. We'll all help. Would like to invite you to come shoot with the Ozarks Posse out of Cassville, MO. A happy bunch of laid back cowboys just out for fun. We shoot the first Sat of the month year round. If we can get you that far from home, then the Arkansas Leadslingers out of Garfield Ark. is another good club.
See you at the Shootout.

Grizzly Smith

Thanks Nozzle,

will be there Friday and Saturday. I don't have any gear just yet, I'm still knee deep in the research on a few things. I'm giving myself a month or so to get that done before I punish the bank account. But I am having a ball doing the looking. My brother is the one responsible for tossing me into the fire, so I'll most likely be dragging him along with me to the monthly shoots. I never would have guessed that these shoots were so close. I got tons of questions.

Grizz

Noz

Just look for an old fart that looks like 6'3" and 260 lbs of blue twisted steel that's shooting 1860 armys and loving it.

Paladin UK

Noz Says....

Quoteshooting 1860 armys and loving it.

Amen Pard!! Amen!!

Paladin (What lurvs his OT`s too  :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Noz

As they say in England, "Yup".

Fingers McGee

Quote from: NozzleRag on October 20, 2008, 08:12:04 AM
Hi, Griz and Welcome to the fire.
Fingers gets a lot wrong anymore, age you see. I don't live in Springfield but 40 miles on to the west in Verona. We'll be in Branson for the biggy this coming weekend. Look me up or find Fingers or Titewad Swede or Little Jim(lives in Kimberling City) or any of the Ozarks Posse or the Southern Missouri Rangers. We'll all help. Would like to invite you to come shoot with the Ozarks Posse out of Cassville, MO. A happy bunch of laid back cowboys just out for fun. We shoot the first Sat of the month year round. If we can get you that far from home, then the Arkansas Leadslingers out of Garfield Ark. is another good club.
See you at the Shootout.

OK - I guess it's the greater Springfield Metropolitan area then  ;D.

Quote from: NozzleRag on October 20, 2008, 12:59:54 PM
Just look for an old fart that looks like 6'3" and 260 lbs of blue twisted steel that's shooting 1860 armys and loving it.

Ya got the phart part right; but Steel??????   :D :D

With the weather forecast looking like C-C-C-C-O-O-L-L-D-D for the weekend, I'll be the one in the Grey greatcoat shooting 1861 Navies with a big possum eating grin on my face.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Grizzly Smith

Are y'all gonna be grouped up together? Or will I need to wander around hollerin fer ya?   ;D

Fingers McGee

Haven't seen the Posse lists yet, so can't really say if we'll be together or not.  Check at the office to see what Posse we're on & come lookin for us is about as good as I can do right now.

Noz

Since Fanny and Titus won't be there and no one has attempted to organize a Thursday night event, do you want to eat at the "Rails" like last year? Grab your circle of cohorts and I'll do the same. Cowboy up and be there about 6:30?

Grizzly Smith

Just a heads up fellers, break out the dusters just in case. Looks like a bit of wet Wednesday night (70%) and Thursday night in to Friday(30%). Looks to me like it might be a bit spotty.

Grizz

Grizzly Smith

They changed the forecast to rain on through Friday night. Highs in the mid to upper 50's.

Grizz

Fingers McGee

Quote from: NozzleRag on October 21, 2008, 08:34:21 AM
Since Fanny and Titus won't be there and no one has attempted to organize a Thursday night event, do you want to eat at the "Rails" like last year? Grab your circle of cohorts and I'll do the same. Cowboy up and be there about 6:30?

The group I generally run with there go to T-Bones on Thursday nights.  I havent checked in with any of them yet; but that's probably where we're going again this year.

Oh goody - cold and rain - makes shooting C&Bs a whole lot more interesting  ;D

FM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com