Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaboom Andy

Quote from: GunClick Rick on February 02, 2006, 09:47:41 PM
Nice holster Kaboom! I like the point design on the cuff thingy.It would make a cool place for someones alias across it.Do some more ;D

TY GunClick Rick.................... ;D
Duelist it's a way of life..........
-----------------------------------------
AZ Gunleather
Kaboom Andy
SASS# 63050
HTR#2

Dark Star

Well, here's my latest - my 4th holster, this one was from a pattern I drew myself, looking at the cover of Packing Iron. I'm half proud of it and half embarrassed  :-[ . I'm not yet able to carve like the example on the cover, and I didn't have all the stamps I needed to match another Meanea design, so I sort of improvised on the design. The end result is something I will definately wear with pride, though. The flower design is a replica of one I saw on spur straps in another book (I also made a pair of those spur straps, so I figured the design on the holster would match).

I did learn at least two things from this one...

1. It is much easier to tuck cardboard patterns into those skirt slots than thick pieces of leather.
2. Wear rubber gloves when wet moulding a dyed leather holster that is a very very tight fit pushing through those same slots, unless of course I want to have yellow hands for another week.
;D

Dark Star
SASS #62041

NRA Member
SCORRS
SBSS #1805

Dark Star

These are the Spur Straps.

Dark Star
SASS #62041

NRA Member
SCORRS
SBSS #1805

Dark Star

And finally - this is a shotgun/cartridge belt I made from a design I saw on the internet. This one is fully lined, the shotgun shell loops are stitched, the cartridge loops are laced (I couldn't get myself to hand stitch the cartridge loops, it was all I could take with the shot shell loops, the stop under them, and the entire perimiter of the belt).

Things I learned from this:

1. It is worth saving my money for a sewing machine.
2. See number 1.

This one came out very nice - the photos just don't do it justice.

So that's what I've been up to this past month or so. Now it's time to fine-tune the holster pattern, make the matching hoster for the other side of the belt, make another cartridge/money belt...;D
Dark Star
SASS #62041

NRA Member
SCORRS
SBSS #1805

Marshal Will Wingam

Good work, Dark Star. Nice rich look on the finished products. Good application of the earlier style carving on the holster. LOL, I've found that a sewing machine would be a good addition, too. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

doc wheelock

my first twins

Marshal Will Wingam

Lookin' good, Doc. You should be firmly hooked, now. :D When are you going to start another pair? I find that I make new ones now and then just because I get a fresh idea and want to try it.

doc wheelock

thank you marshall will

starting belt next.....this is fun..lolol

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: doc wheelock on March 04, 2006, 01:31:28 PM...this is fun..lolol

You just summed up why most of us are doing leatherworking. ;D

CQMD

Bobby Rose
rocknrholsters.com

Dark Star

Dark Star
SASS #62041

NRA Member
SCORRS
SBSS #1805

Marshal Will Wingam

What a great saddle. I like the dark accents and the % of tooling on it. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Hammerin Scherm

Wow, That saddle is incredible!!

My work doesn't quite compare to something like that but here's my latest sheath and knife combo:

[Deleted by moderator - Link Lost]

Thanks for looking,
Scherm

Marshal Will Wingam

Good design, Scherm. Looks like it'll hold the knife at a good height on your belt. I notice the left-hand design. Good touch, there, too.

Hammerin Scherm

Thanks Marshall,  the left hand design is because this knife going to be worn in Grizzley country opposite a sidearm  ;).  Good eye.

Irish Dave

Reckon I'll try to attach a couple of my recent holsters:
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

I like 'em, Dave. Especially the slim jim. Good holsters, pard.

Kaboom Andy

I like them too..............................well done!!
Duelist it's a way of life..........
AZ Gunleather
Kaboom Andy
SASS# 63050
HTR#2

Irish Dave

Thanks, guys. Wish I could have gotten the photos larger, but couldn't get that part figured out.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Forty Rod

What makes a knife sheath left handed?

I'm a righty and prefer my blade to have the cutting edge back on the left side, forward on the right.  That way when I draw the knife, the cutting edge is up in either case.

Is that wrong?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com