Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeter Lewis

Lots of beautiful work. Congrats to all. Skeet.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ten Wolves,

Cowboy WC hit the nail on the head.... your work is Top Notch! It is always a genuine pleasure to look at what you do. Wish I could see it in person. Many thanks for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dalton,

Your Saddle Bags are outstanding! A great design with excellent workmanship. Looks like they are right out of "Packing Iron".

Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece of work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Great stuff. Lovin' the colors you guys are gettin'! Keep it up.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

!0 Wolves, I can say the same thing to you as to Rolling Thunder, I should send my leather to you guys for finishing. Actually, I could include Dalton, too. The workmanship on all of your leather is both first rate and inspiring; somehting to aim for.

Dalton, if you ever burn that wood you use for a backdrop, I'll have a difficult time recognizing your work! Seriously, your photos are always excellent.   

Thanks for showing us how it's done. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

JD, that is my too-big-to-fit pile of wood, and its slowly getting smaller. Its getting hard to figure out where just to lay things now. I need a new backdrop, lol.
Thanks. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

The first 9 years we were in Oregon we heated exclusively with wood. It wasn't a big house, but it was old and not very well insulated. It usually took 7 to 9 cords of wood a year to heat it, depending on how cold it got. I cut every bit of it, hauled it off the mountains, split and stacked it.

Since moving to the city, I do not miss cutting wood, or getting up to a cold house! I do miss room for the horses and other lifestock, and having neighbors a few hundred yards away instead of a few feet.   

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks GB, C316, Dalton, and Marshal Will,Skeeter, Johnny McCrae, Santee,and JD

Thanks pards, for your support and taking the time to look at my work, your kind words of approval is always appreciated and gives me an others the boost I/we need sometimes to keep going, I'm sure others feel the same way, we have a great family here, and I can only hope we stay this way.

Thanks

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Dalton

Your saddle bags are beautiful Pard, like I said once before, your work improves with leaps and bounds, I don't know how many levels there are, but your climbing the ladder real quick, and your photography looks great too, it makes looking a total pleasure. I've always liked your taste in border tooling your work looks classy and not over done, which is a look that I like.

Keep them coming Dalton

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

10W, you said it perfectly, classy but not overdone, Dalton's stuff always appeals to me just like your stuff does. It's a look that I would like my own work to get to. So I will keep practicing.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Gun Butcher on June 25, 2009, 04:11:21 PM
  10W, you said it perfectly, classy but not overdone, Dalton's stuff always appeals to me just like your stuff does. It's a look that I would like my own work to get to. So I will keep practicing.

Gun Butcher, thanks for the flowers Pard you made my day, and I hope Daltons too.

Regards Pard

;) :D ;D     tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

Hey, thank you both for the flowers.
Everyone has their own style, and it helps to copy verbatim to learn another style. Just pic a piece out, and try to make it just like you see it.
The one I picked for the bag is in Packing Iron on page 59, but I changed the stamps a little, and didnt carve obviously. I really wanted to do more incised carving on this set of bags, but it looked good enough after the border, that I didnt want to overdo it.

DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Wiley Desperado

Wow, you cowboys are making some mighty fine looking leather work.  My latest effort, the holsters are from a Will Ghormley pattern, the knife sheath and belt are my simple minded idea. 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Wiley

Nice work on the new rig Pard, the way you did your carving it has that old look to it, very period, and how does the sheath attach, I can't see, it matches nicely with the gun belt and holster, Will Ghormely put out some great patterns, I always thought of myself as being lucky to have his patterns when I first got started in leather, but I still fine myself referring back to his patterns when making my own, they're hard to beat.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

And Wiley, thanks for the kind words on my work too Pard

Dalton Masterson

Looks great Wiley!!!
I like that knife and sheath a bunch! Looks very westerny in my eye.

DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, Wiley. I really like that holster. 10w is right about it looking really good with the tooling you did. The whole rig has that historic appearance.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Very nice work Wiley, really impressive. Can I ask what you used to get the black, whch looks outstanding, as does the whole rig? JD 

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Wiley,

Beautiful job! The Schofield looks right at home in this Rig. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Gun Butcher

Wiley, I have to agree with Johnnie, that breaktop looks like it was designed to go with the holster or vice versa ;) ;D
   Great work.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

Thanks everybody for the very nice comments, makes a cowboy feel good about his work, much appreciated.  TW the sheath has a tang extending up behind the knife handle and then folded over and sewn down for the belt to fit through, you know pretty standard stuff.  JD the color is just plain USMC black dye.  Yeah ole Will Ghormley designed that holster for a 7" Schofield and I modified it to fit a 5.5 ", I also changed the straps didn't make it any better, you don't make Ghormley patterns any better in my opinion. .  Thanks again guys, I need to get back here more often sure is a great group, just been kinda busy.
Wiley 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com