Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don101

Well Guys ive been away for too long, there is some great gear been posted over the last few months,
here is a couple of holsters that ive done recent, Don

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Dalton these holsters are beautiful Pard, nice patterns, your tooling gets better and better every time you show new pieces, and the fit of these guns is right on, Well done.

TW  ;) :D ;D

Don, good to have you back with us, your latest looks great, thanks for sharing

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dalton & Don101,

Ten Wolves expressed my sentiments exactly. Beautiful work Pards!  Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

Dalton,

I like thiose holsters...well done my friend.  Have fun with the pattern.

Don,
It's really good to have you back with us...excellent workmanship...as always...how are things in the Lunerburger Hieda????
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Holy Cow, :o
I turn my computer off early last eve, and here are all the goodies show up :o :o Dalton & Don,  super nice rigs!!
Dalton your Carving is super!!!
Thanks Pards for sharing that awesome leather work!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Good to see you, Don. Those are beautiful. I like the clean lines on both. They really look historically correct. Very tastefully done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

hey guys was gonna make a left hand holster to match the one i did earlier got it all cut out and the border cut and beveled and then relized id cut another right hand one LOL go figure so i thought bout what i could do and this is what i came up with
and btw i did get a left one cut and stamped to match the first one and bout ready to stitch it and then gonna make a matching belt of some kind so if you guys could help me out with a belt pattern id be great full
Enjoy and thanks for all the encouragement
     Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy C316

Very nice Pard, this is a AS pattern isn't it, I like what you did with your design, and those beader lines really stand out and look perfect, breaking up the basket weave adds a little SHANAZE to it, WELL DONE C316, I can see it won't be long before you are packing some iron in them, making a belt will be no problem for one with your talent.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Wow, so much cool work to look at! All the work shown really looks great.

Dalton, I don't even know what to say (a rare thing for a preacher!) Everything about those auto holsters is great. The color and carving really stand out to me as impressive.

Don, that bottom picture set up is really sharp. The curves on that top holster are so clean, downright amazing.

Cowboy, I've made very few holsters, but managed to do the same thing; meant to cut out a left, cut two rights. No regrets, 'cause I sure need the practice. That tri-weave stamp work (I think that's what it's called) is first rate. What little bit I've worked with that stamp let me know real quick I have a long ways to go. Your stitching is sure looking good. I remember you sharing the first holster you were working on just a short time ago. Man oh man have you made progress.

Well, I guess I did have a few things to say after al (Big surprise with my mouth!)

Thanks for sharing guys, I sure do appreciate admiring all your work. JDl 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Skeeter Lewis

Nice, Don. Is that a Tranter in the slim jim?

Don101

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on May 18, 2009, 12:20:24 PM

Skeeter it is an Adams, Don

cowboywc

Howdy
Dalton, Don & Cowboy316
Great work by all of you.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny Dingus

Wow,
You guys sure make hay when the sun is shining.  Nice work all of you.
Don that canteen, could you let me know where you got it?

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Dr. Bob

Dalton,

It's sure a guppy compared to the other two! ;) ;D

Don,

Glad you made it back.  I looked at the Slim Jim and said, "Looks like an Adams grip."  Boy was I tickled when I saw the caption under the picture.  Good looking Cavalry holster too!

C316,

Looking real good there.  A very striking pattern! ;D

Thanks y'all!!

Johnny D.,

Chenck out Fall Creek Sutlery at the link below.  They are great to work with!
     http://fcsutler.com/fctin.asp
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Don101

Quote from: Johnny Dingus on May 18, 2009, 09:36:29 PM
Wow,
You guys sure make hay when the sun is shining.  Nice work all of you.
Don that canteen, could you let me know where you got it?

Johnny Dingus
Johnny it was made by a reenactor over here in Germany hes in his 70s now so im nut sure if he still makes them, Don

Skeeter Lewis

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on May 18, 2009, 12:20:24 PM

Okay. I'm dumb. I didn't see the caption.  :'(

cowboywc

Quote from: cowboywc on April 10, 2009, 04:16:24 AM
I guess the Vicodin has me a little fuzzy, forgot to add the pix.
WC
Howdy All
Went to the San Berdo Fair Sunday with the Leathercraft Guild to do demos all day. Great time.
My Walker rig got an Honorable Mention.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Cowboy. That's another good one.

Congrats, WC. Nice to get your work recognized. Great pic. Looks like you all had a fine time. I assume when anyone hauls out a maker's stamp, they warn the others at the table? ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's good news WC, Congratulations, I guess the judges weren't into guns or holsters, they shouldn't be allowed to judge.... :'( :-\ :-X :-[ :P ??? :( >:(

Ace Lungger

Congratulations  WC,
There must of been something that blows me away, or the judging was into holsters! I have never seen anything that you have done that could be beat!! I, don't mean to be disrespect full to all the other great carvers and hoster makers that are on this forum!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com