Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy JBird,
As TW said WELCOME!! That is one fine looking rig :o :o You can't bet Oak Leaves, great detail and excellent backgrounding!
I like everyone here like looking at others awsome work!
Can't wait to see some more of your stuff!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Jbird

Thanks all I am glad you
Like it see you around pards
Josh
Work Hard, Live Well, And never Give up

JD Alan

Hey JBird, very nice work. Is that your own design? I love Oak Leaves, and you've done a nice job with them. Overall a real nice holster design. Thanks for sharing this picture, and welcome to the forum! JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Jbird

Hay JD yes it is my own design and thank you pard
see you around
Josh

Quote from: JD Alan on April 27, 2009, 10:58:07 PM
Hey JBird, very nice work. Is that your own design? I love Oak Leaves, and you've done a nice job with them. Overall a real nice holster design. Thanks for sharing this picture, and welcome to the forum! JD

Work Hard, Live Well, And never Give up

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, jbird. You got nice 3-d on those leaves. Excellent. Thanks for the pic. Welcome, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy JBird

That's a good lookin rig.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Not Cowboy but here is a Shoulder Holster Rig I just finished for a friend's 9mm.

The harness section is removable and this holster can be worn on the belt. The two straps with the buckles on them will pivot giving some extra adjustment. The "over the shoulder strap" can move on the chest belt allowing it to be worn over either shoulder. I might have to make a sheepskin sleeve if the "over the shoulder strap" digs in and is uncomfortable. Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I now have to make one for another friend.

This was an enjoyable project to work on.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John

I think you did a DYNAMITE JOB, I like everything about it , your friend should be real happy to wear this rig, you did well in providing difference variances to wearing it, the sheep skin shoulder strap would be a good add on, just like you find on guitar straps.

Well done Pardner

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Irish Dave

Nice job, Johnny. Looking good. That's an interesting design. Your own creation?
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Pards,
Many thanks for the kind words!

Dave,
That is my own design  I'll admit that I sort of made it up as I went along and I was just lucky it worked.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Johnny M, Ya done well. That looks really nice. Good design.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Real nice Johnny! I just love the color you get in these holsters. ;D
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Howdy Johnny,
Man you been kicking out so AWESOME leather!! :o I got brain frezze ::) ::) I am getting ready to start on a Hollywood Rig, I am not for sure what guns I want to make it for!! And I am not good enough to do any carving on it, so I have some of the basic's layed out on art board, I got to get some leather!! It is allways something, I have been working so hard on my carving, I just can't focus onmaking rigs>
Keep up the good work pard!!

Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

JD Alan

Johny. that is one cool looking rig. The fact that you designed it makes it all the more cool. I agree with Santee, the color you are getting on these rigs of yours is really nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures, JD   

Gun Butcher

Johnnie, that is an outstanding rig. I love the way you made it so versital.

If you could post some more pics showing the back of the holster and how it mounts on the harness I would really appreciate it.
I think I know how you did it but a picture.......etc.

Again, that rig is just the berries.  GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny Dingus

Nice Job Johnny like the fact you can use the holster on a belt also.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

Here are some pictures of the back. I'll try to get a picture of my friend wearing it. Hope this helps.

JD Alan

Hey Johnny, JD again. I really like the stitching on this rig. You explained to me once how you were stitching, and it wasn't double needle. Are you still using the same technique? What about stitch spacing? How about the type of thread? My stitching still stinks, so I am looking to improve it. Thank you sir, JD   

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,
Here are some pictures of my friend wearing the Shoulder Holster Rig.

Howdy JD,
Yes I am still using the same method. I mark the holes in a stitch groove and then pre-drill them with a 1/16" dia. drill bit using a Dremmel Tool. The spacing I used here is 1/4". Sometimes I use 3/16" spacing. I use Tandy's pre-waxed thread. This method works for me but I still want to learn how to use the traditional method with an awl.

cowboy316

Johnny
that rig looks mighty comfy to wear you did a great job on the design
kepp up the great work
   Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com