Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley Desperado

Irish Dave, HorsePen Henry, Ace, thanks for the kind remarks much appreciated. 

Big Bear, really nice purse cowboy, your wife will enjoy that one for sure. 

Marshal Will Wingam

That rig looks really good, Dave. What did you use for the edge outside the stitching? I like that look.

Wow, Wiley. Those saddlebags look first rate. The dark background really makes a good look with the dark lacing.

Very cool purse, BB. Your style of carving has a nice look to it. It reminds me of some of the early Spanish work.

Holey shamoley, pards! I go to a match and get these treats to look at when I come home. What a pleasant way to kick back after a busy day in the Sun. Great work from all of you. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

Irish Dave, that tool doesnt happen to be a roller for pastry edges does it? I have an old pastry tool that makes an edge a lot like that, except its got wider spacing. I have played with it, but the spacing is too wide too look good in my eye. Yours looks great.

Wiley, Nice bags. I have mine cutout, but havent done anything much to them yet. Still trying to decide what I am going to do.

BB, thats a nice looking purse. Gotta keep the ladies happy, yes.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Gun Butcher

Irish Dave, Big Bear, Wiley  great looking work pards.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Irish Dave, Wiley & Big Bear,

It is a genuine pleasure to look at such beautiful work! Everything you guys do is top notch and first class!

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wily & Big Bear, you pards are Rocken, nice work all around. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

I just finished a matching Cartridge Pouch for my new Rig.

Attached is a link to a short slide show that shows how I wet molded the pouch:

http://w278.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/Wet%20Molded%20Bullet%20Pouch/cb7104a7.pbw

I would like to put another coat of Skidmore's on the entire Rig and then put it into the sun for better pictures. Unfortunately we are in our monsoon season big time here in Wisconsin.

This one was sort of rushed as I was anxious to try out the design. I was concerned about the size but it looks like it will function OK. I'm going to make another pouch using Walnut dye and take my time.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

That cartridge pouch does look good. I like the way it's molded. It suits the rig nicely. Good work.

cowboywc

Howdy Guys
I spend the day at the Cowboy Poetry Festival and see some half-**ed leatherwork and them come back here and see some real nice lookin stuff. Keep it up guys.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards  ;D

Johnny McCrae

Pard what a neat pouch, and the slide show is great , it will help others to understand the process, and that was very thoughtful of you to do this, the pouch looks fantastic on your new gun belt, very professional, I like the whole rig, and your spot placement is right on, Thanks a bunch for sharing all this with us, you were a big help in helping me when I made my butt cover for my Pedersoli Sharps Rifle, this method really works great, and wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, thanks to you. ;) ;D

Keep them coming Johnny  :D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Hank Rugerman

Pretty sharp looking set up, good job... :)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

cowboy316

Johnny

great lookin set up ya got there bud love everything bout it
  great job  keep it up
    Cowboy316

Irish Dave

QuoteThat rig looks really good, Dave. What did you use for the edge outside the stitching? I like that look

Will: It's an old hand tool I bought from an old harness maker/cobbler probably close to 30 years ago who was going out of business. It rolls that pattern onto the leather similar to the hand-held embossing tools.

QuoteIrish Dave, that tool doesnt happen to be a roller for pastry edges does it?

Dalton: I don't think so, even though it's pretty similar. It has a very fine-lined, cone-shaped roller that is no doubt a leather tool of some kind given where it came from.

My best guess is that it was used years ago to put that kind of edge around the upper sole of dress shoes. I seem to recall seeing that style in the days of my youth.  ;)

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Dr. Bob

Howdy Big Bear,

Wow!  That ought to do the job big time!!  Gorgeous!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ace Lungger

Johnny Mac,
You no it isn't nice for you to be turning out all this georgeos looking leather goods, when you know i havn't been feeling good enough to get out and make anything!!!!
Just Kiddan around great stuff pard!! Keep it up!!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Wiley Desperado

Thanks for all the nice comments guys much appreciated.

Johnny that pouch is top notch and so is the rig really nice leather work.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Irish Dave on April 27, 2009, 12:37:43 PMWill: It's an old hand tool I bought from an old harness maker/cobbler probably close to 30 years ago who was going out of business. It rolls that pattern onto the leather similar to the hand-held embossing tools.
Thanks. That's a nice look.

Jbird

Here is my stuff
Josh
Work Hard, Live Well, And never Give up

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Josh, love those oak leaves, Welcome to the forum Pard, we'll be looking to see more from you.

Regards

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D

cowboy316

Jbird

love everything bout that rig the color is great
welcome

Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com