Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Rugerman

Dang...WC...that's right purdy...good job...as always... ;D ;D 8)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

Marshal Will Wingam

Fine work, BB. That pick guard is a fine one, it balances the guitar nicely. Your rig is really nice, too. That's a good look. Are those your match holsters?

Beautiful, WC. I love that border stamp. It really does look good. The whole rig is balanced nicely. You''ll wow them at the fair.

Thanks for the pics, pards.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Big Bear Johnson

Quote from: cowboywc on April 15, 2009, 04:02:17 AM
Howdy Big Bear
Very nice work.
Would that be the Deadwood Boys out of Piru ? If so you are local, my leather shop is in Reseda. Stop in and say Howdy sometime.
WC

WC, your work is great. Top notch. That is the Deadwood Boys of Piru. I'm in Burbank so we are neighbors. Where can I find the address to your place, I'd love to stop by.
I used to hang out at Al Shelton's shop years back. It's great to get to see master craftsmen like him and yourself.

best regards,

BBJ
SASS #13968
Ruby's Rangers #2
ex-Cajon Cowboy
ex-Coto Cowboy
ex-Silver Queen Mine Regulator
ex-honorary Nevada Ranger

Current Deadwood Boy

Dr. Bob

WC,

WOW!  That rig will drop a lot of jaws at the fair.  Very impressive word!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Quote from: cowboy316 on April 15, 2009, 07:52:08 AM
WC
very snazzy rig love the tooling pattern where do you get patterns like that 
     take care
     COwboy316
Howdy
The Sheridan pattern on the sheath & holster are a portion of a larger pattern I found in a pattern book. I am not an artist, I have drawn a few of my own patterns but the were not to good. I will find a section of a pattern that fits the area I am working on.
The overall design I just came up with.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Quote from: Ace Lungger on April 15, 2009, 08:32:53 AM
Only in my dreams would I think I could create something so beautifull, and the color knocks it out of the Park!! Grand Slam!!!
WC, the greatest thing about dreams, create goals to work harded to keep the drive going, that maybe someday!! but even if a person never makes it to that level he or she will only get better!

Howdy Ace
Working to get better is what it is all about. I have masters that I strive to be as good as. I started working it stages, I'd find someone who was a little better that I and worked to be that good. Then I would find another & another.
Someday I hope to be as good as Bob Beard, Barry King, Rick Bean and Peter Main. These are my heroes.
WC

cowboywc

Quote from: Big Bear Johnson on April 15, 2009, 09:56:55 AM
WC, your work is great. Top notch. That is the Deadwood Boys of Piru. I'm in Burbank so we are neighbors. Where can I find the address to your place, I'd love to stop by.
I used to hang out at Al Shelton's shop years back. It's great to get to see master craftsmen like him and yourself.

best regards,

BBJ
Howdy BB
My shop is at 7624 Tampa Ave. Reseda.
I was just up to visit Al a couple weeks ago. If you come by I'll show you pix of Als last piece. I can not post them til after the company he made it for gets it to their museum.

WC

JD Alan

Wow, I don't know where to start. Cowboy 316, that is one heck of a carving job on the Biblecover. I am very impressed, and look forward to seeing it completed. 

Big Bear, welcome to the Forum. There's a great group of guys here, as I'm sure you've figured out. YoU've done some very nice work, thanks for sharing..

WC, you knocked this one out of the park. I hope the people at the fair know what's involved in producing this kind of quality, functional art.

Outrider, did you use the dye at 100% ? The color is outstanding.

I went to physical therapy for the first time yesterday (Tuesday) That woman tried to kill me, and wants me to try to kill myself every day of the week. Man, I didn't realize how out of shape I am

I sure am looking forward to being able to do some leatherwork soon. God bless you guys, JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

outrider

JD,

First of all...how are you feeling...I hope you are progressing.  The color was a 3 to 1 mixture that Don 101 came up with.  3 parts Saddle Tan to 1 part med.brown.  I have had so much interest in this color that I just mixed a small "Ball Jar" full.  After it dried and after casing it... I sealed it with Bag Kote and one application of neutral shoe polish
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

Big Bear ,you do some mighty nice work, I really like that pick guard. It gives me some ideas for my own guitars. Does it change the tone at all?

WC, that is some kinda rig man. Do you do a lot of work in your sleep, cause it seems like you post a lot in the wee hours of the morning quite a bit.  However, whatever you do keep it up. It keeps the rest of us inspired to do better.

JD, its good to see you back on here. Sounds like that "no pain, no gain " thing has got you moving again. It won't be long till you are back.        GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboywc

Howdy GB
Thank you for the kind words.
I don't do in my sleep but I do think about it in when I sleep. Most nights I'm here til about 3am. But since I only get 3 hours a night I'm not thinking too much :)
WC

cowboy316

hey guys update on the bible cover the back cover part is all back grounded basket stamped i got a little off but sort of fixed it this new basket stamp is kinda tricky and the border is stamped now gonna do the beveling and finish stamping on the back today or try to LOL
     Cowboy316

Hank Rugerman

Beautiful....nothing else to say.... 8) :)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

cowboy316

Hank just wait till i get the cover going my hand was cramped so bad it hurt for days after carving it LOL
    Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

CB316, Like Hank said beautiful  ;D ::) :o 8)

TW  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Howdy CB316   :),
Hey Bud, Like Hank and TW said, it is Beautiful, I can't wait untill it is do!! No doubt it will be a master peice :o :o

Thing like that keep me dreaming!!
Thank for keeping us up to date!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Cowboy, that is beautiful , like the rest of the bunch said, it truly looks inspired.   GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Big Bear Johnson

Quote from: Gun Butcher on April 15, 2009, 08:10:13 PM
  Big Bear ,you do some mighty nice work, I really like that pick guard. It gives me some ideas for my own guitars. Does it change the tone at all?
      GB

The pick guard doesn't change the sound. I removed the old one which was the typical plastic with double sided tape. THis would have about the same amount of muting that the old one would have, maybe less. I wouldn't do it to a vintage CF Martin or something really nice though.
SASS #13968
Ruby's Rangers #2
ex-Cajon Cowboy
ex-Coto Cowboy
ex-Silver Queen Mine Regulator
ex-honorary Nevada Ranger

Current Deadwood Boy

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Lookin good. Nice depth on the background. Tri-weave came out good too. Can't wait to see it finished.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good work, Cowboy. You did a nice, even job of the basket weave. Good progress.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com