Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Dave..the color actually looks much richer than shown in the photo.  Thanks to Don 101 for that mixture...1 part Fiebings  Med. Brown to 3 parts Fiebings Saddle Tan.  I have had alot of interest in this color since I started using it so, I mixed up a "ball jar" full of it... ::) ::) :D ;D.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

cowboy316

This one is for for JD god bless my friend and hope your doing well
  bible cover i started last night got all the floral carver kinda scared of the lettering but ill get it LOL
god bless and enjoy each and everyone of you
        Cowboy316

Ace Lungger

Howdy CB316,
That sure is looking good!! JD will love, because I din't know anyone that wouldn't!
Maybe someday ::) ???
I did i knife sheath yesterday, it lacks a lot, but maybe the next one will be better?

Thanks for sharing!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Good lookin pattern. Can't wait to see the finished cover.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, C3. Great design. I also am looking forward to seeing it done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Big Bear Johnson

Here is a purse that I'm making for my wife. It is in progress. I also posted one I made for my mother about 10 years ago.

SASS #13968
Ruby's Rangers #2
ex-Cajon Cowboy
ex-Coto Cowboy
ex-Silver Queen Mine Regulator
ex-honorary Nevada Ranger

Current Deadwood Boy

Hank Rugerman

Great job guys...just looking at those, made my hand cramp..... :D

thanks for sharing
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good work, BB. The one you made 10 years ago is beautiful. The new one promises to be as good. It'll be nice to see the finished project. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Howdy Big Bear,
Those are beautifull, many hours you have in them!! I just think they are top rate!!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

CB316 Nice work pard, and a very thoughtful thing to do , I look forward to seeing it finished.

Welcome to the forum Big Bear Johnson, it's good to have you join in with us, we can see you have been at this for a while now, beautiful work pard, bet your Mrs. really loves it too, feel free to share your work with us Pard, like Marshal Will says we love pictures. ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Well, here we go again trying to play ketch-up. You all are doing some great work,Outrider, Johnny D. C316, BB. I wish I could get on here on a more regular schedule so I could keep up with it.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny Dingus

Cowboy316 it's going to be beautiful when done.  Looking great right now.

Big Bear welcome and this aint your first rodeo.  Purses look great.   If your looking for someone to shoot with my club will have you.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Big Bear Johnson

thanks for the nice compliments. I haven't made much in leather for a few years and have just started back again.
I made a holster rig for my son who just started shooting SASS. It's a bit rough but it works. I also made a small pick guard for my guitar also as a get back into it project.

Thanks for the offer to shoot. I've been shooting with the great gang "The Deadwood Boys" lately.
When you take 10 years off, you find most of the old posse has moved on from the clubs I used to shoot at.
It's fun to be back at both SASS and leather work.

SASS #13968
Ruby's Rangers #2
ex-Cajon Cowboy
ex-Coto Cowboy
ex-Silver Queen Mine Regulator
ex-honorary Nevada Ranger

Current Deadwood Boy

Russ McCrae

Classy looking rig and guitar guard BBJ, subtle is just as good as fancy amigo ;) ;D ;D ;D
"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

cowboywc

Howdy Big Bear
Very nice work.
Would that be the Deadwood Boys out of Piru ? If so you are local, my leather shop is in Reseda. Stop in and say Howdy sometime.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
Well it's done, finish is dry and the keepers are on. It goes to the fair Friday.
WC

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy 316,
What a beautiful gift to give! I look forward to seeing the finished piece. It's always nice to see how a project will progress from start to finish.

Howdy Big Bear Johnson,
Welcome to the forum! As the Pard's have said, you are not new to Leather Working. Very nice work! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Howdy Cowboy WC,
Many thanks for showing us the finished project. You have created a real work of art! Best of luck to you at the Fair.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboy316

WC
very snazzy rig love the tooling pattern where do you get patterns like that  the keepers on the belt are way cool
and the deco ccuts on the belt add a unique twist to it very cool
   keep it up pard
wish i would have know my dad was going down that way i would have gone with him and dropped by but ill get there some day LOL
     take care
     COwboy316

Ace Lungger

Big Bear,
I think that is is AWESOME and don't see anything wrong with it my self!! You called it a little ruff, I would hate to read your thoughts on my work :o ???
Thanks for sharng, and your son needs to be proud to were that!!

WC,
YOU ARE KILLING ME :o :o :o :o What a rig 8) 8) A pure materpeice of Packing Iron Leather work like some rich Texas Cattle Baron would where when he went to town to show off!! Only in my dreams would I think I could create something so beautifull, and the color knocks it out of the Park!! Grand Slam!!!
WC, the greatest thing about dreams, create goals to work harded to keep the drive going, that maybe someday!! but even if a person never makes it to that level he or she will only get better!

I thank you for sharing that peice of art to all of use, I can only speak for one rookey leather craftsman, but it gives me hope, and the drive to get up out of this bed and get out there, and get after it!

My Hat it off to you!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOWDY All  :D

WC, the finish came out great , the keepers really put the finishing touch to it, it's definitely museum quality for sure. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com