Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Bad Hombre,

Welcome to CAS City.

Nifty way to make your first post.... with a beautiful Holster rig! I love the Indian look. Your son will be very proud to wear this wonderful gift from his Father.

Many thanks for sharing this. We look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice rig, BH. Your son can wear that proudly. Nice frontiersman look. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Great job! Yeah, that belt is really original, too.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Bad Hombre

Well, thankee boys, the coffees good...think I'll stay awhile.
Thanks for the welcome, Ace, Pokey.
Been influenced by Injuns all my life, Granma was one!!
Ten Wolves, my son is a lover of Wolves also!!
The suede moneybelt, is very comfortable, really hugs the body and you can hardly feel the weight.
A real good thing fer my old hips!!
Kinda stretchy though, so I put a 2in web belt inside, end-cap to end-cap.
Sew the billets, cartridge loops, etc right thru the web material, lets it stay flexible and soft put strong.
Johnny, I had to find me a round-toit before I could post, Dang their hard to find!!
Marshall Will, I may have to wrestle them 58s back from my son...borrowed um don't ya know!!
Santee thanks for the complement.
Here's a look see at my old rig...getting a bit dinged up...that's antiquing!!

BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Hank Rugerman

How...(dy) BH...good looking rigs there...keep em coming...

I reallly liked that belt for your son, and the way the arrow concho was set over the stone look tooling...good job ;)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

Dr. Bob

I really like your knife sheath!  Welcome to our board.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Bad Hombre, I like everything I'm seeing Pard, well done on all, like Hank said keep them coming . :o ;D Those were good tips on the money belt, I belt one of mine that way too, and using a wider bullet loop will also stabilize the bullets better, like 1" works well for me. ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Bad Hombre,

Very Very nice! Your work has a real distinctive and authentic look to it. You also have a neat way with words.

Please keep em' coming!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, BH. Another good rig. That Native American influence works nicely.

Bad Hombre

Hank, I like that stone look too!!
I just scaled that arrowhead up to billet size, cut it out and went ta womping it with a P-206 till it cried stop, stop!!
Dr. Bob, Thanks... and maybe you can help me!! Well I"m a..OK a...yes... I'm a knifeaholic!!
Can't seam to pass-up a knife, especially old ones, and I only live a mile from a Flea Market!!!
Ten Wolves, backatcha...good tip, now if i could only decide what size cartridge I'm gonna shoot!!
44-40s, 44 russian, 44colt,45lc...why why why can't cartridges be one length.
Thanks Johnny, for the kind words.
10 years of ROing...reading those cowpoke stories, n shootum-up bang bang scenarios, will give ya brainwash!!!
It's OK...my wife say's I got a dirty mind anyway!!
Marshall Will...Native American influence...really!! Hummmm
I think you could be right...I'm noticing a pattern here.
I made these about 10 year ago.
BH

Johnny McCrae

Well my goodness BH, this is right out of the pages of "Packing Iron" Pretty neat stuff you do there.

Gun Butcher

Well Bad, ya'll mite be new to the fire but ya does seem to no yer way aroun them ol' hides. Beyoutifful plunder if I ever did see it.   Gun Butcher ( what knos his way aroun the supper table bettern anywheres else.)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice rig, BH. I like the spare cylinder holder. Good idea to make it with the slot so you can pull it out easily. Is there a spring inside that?

Bad Hombre

Well Johnny I done wore out by Packing Iron, eyeballing it so much!!
Gun Butcher, inside them old hides there is some pretty neat stuff, just gotta sneak up and grab it.
Kinda like snatching a biscuit from the chuck-wagon!!
Marshall Will, no spring, but its metal lined to keep its shape and the bottom is sewn to keep it nice and round.
The slot lets ya get the cylinder  back in too!
The finger holding the cylinder, passes thru and there it is safe as can be.
I like using my 58 Remington and 2 R&D cylinders, switching for the second pistol...Pale Rider style.
I pull the empty cylinder, than with one finger and thump, bring the new loaded cylinder out and drop it in to the 58.
Place the empty back into the holder...I'm a shooting again!!
Ya can get pretty quick with it.
The most important part is the hole in the bottom, so ya can get your finger under it.
It's different and that makes it fun!!
Thanks for the words!!!

BH

cowboywc

Howdy Guys
Sorry I have not made too many comments on the fine work being shown.
Ribs just hurt too much bending over typing.
Keep up the fine work.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well Bad Hombre, it just gets better , nice rig, you have quit a talent Pard, keep them coming, we love looking  ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Hey there Bad Hombre, welcome, and very nice work you have shared, you must have been diong this for a while. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Attached are pictures of a couple of projects I just finished for friends.

The person I made the Saddle Bag-Holster combination also wanted to be able carry a Walker Colt in addition an 1873 SAA. I made a Walker Colt Holster with a tongue on it. The tongue fits in between two tab's on the cross over strap and is held in place with three Concho's. By the way that Walker Colt is one heavy pistol. Here is a clip of Gus (Rorbert Duvall) whacking a surly bartender with his Walker Colt.     

Also shown is a Holster and belt I made for a friend's Kimber.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Johnny,
All I can say is AWESOME :o :o, those look great, your friend will be super  happy to have them!!!!!
If he isn't send them my way ;D ;D
They realy look good, and anyone would be proud to own them!! I am glad to see you putting out some more of your goodies!
i havn't been doing any leather work for a while been trying to get some guns put back toghter i have been working on, plus making a few tools! And watching a lot of carving video's, got the bug bad!! But I also need to improve on my stamping!
And good old mother nature, gives us one good day, and then 3 or4 bad ones, and my Uncle Arthur, does know when to leave, and I still don't have a Doctor???

Keep up that super good looking leather work!!
Thanks for Sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

Nice work all around Pard, I like your design, this whole outfit looks like its right out of Packing Iron, you really are honing your art, Well Done. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com