Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

heres a cigerette case i made my wife last night anbd finished it today

cowboy316

second cell phone case

Dr. Bob

Marshal Will,

What a great border!! ;D ;D  Ya done real good on this one!

C316,

Great cases.  Really like the contrast on the cell phone case! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards.

Quote from: JD Alan on January 28, 2009, 09:21:00 PMIs your border cut in, or stamped? I assume that's one of Will Ghormley's big flower stamps, sure looks good.
After stamping the two florals (yes, Will G's smaller stamp with a few embelishes), I made two parallel cuts 1/4" apart, beveled and stamped between them, ran a beader along the outside edges then cleaned up the stamp with a bevel. I still need to oil and condition the holster yet. It was still damp when I did that photo.

Cowboy, that cell case look good with the two-tone coloring. The one for your wife is good. Nice touch with the lighter pocket.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy MW
Good Lookin Holster. Very Clean.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

JD Alan

Thanks for the explaination Will. I'm going to study that close up photo to see if I understand what you are saying. By beader do mean a double edge swivel knife blade?

After reading how to make Vinegaroon, I think I'll pass on that for a while. I don't know where I would get iron turnings, or the other iron substitutes. It sure came out well on your holster! JD 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Irish Dave

Will:

Very nice job, pard. I really like the holster. Clean, crisp lines. Tastefully bordered. Authentic looking. And excellent workmanship. Can't do much better than that in my book.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards.

Quote from: JD Alan on January 29, 2009, 09:13:55 AMThanks for the explaination Will. I'm going to study that close up photo to see if I understand what you are saying. By beader do mean a double edge swivel knife blade?
It's a tool you run along the edge of your leather to round the edge and make a bead. http://www.siegelofca.com/view_cat_product.asp?id=18 Second row, first item. I haven't bought one from them but it looks to be the same thing.

Quote from: JD Alan on January 29, 2009, 09:13:55 AMAfter reading how to make Vinegaroon, I think I'll pass on that for a while. I don't know where I would get iron turnings, or the other iron substitutes. It sure came out well on your holster!
It's easy. Clean a large 0000 steel wool pad with lighter fluid or carb cleaner (I've done both). Shake out as much as you can then put it on the ground and light it with a match to burn off the excess. LET IT COOL then pick it up and drop it in a quart jar of white vinegar. Let stand for 3-4 days uncovered or with a loose lid and you're in business. The stuff looks nasty but just ignore that. I never tighten the lid for a few weeks or until it's done working on the iron. I have a batch that is a year old and it now just turns the leather grey. I may want grey for something so I save it.

JD Alan

Hi WIll. As the page pulls up, the first item on the second line says this: C.S. Osborne TL21 Single Edge Creasers.  I'll post the picture they show too. Is this what you are talking about? Evidently they come in five sizes.

Thanks also for the Vinegaroon clarification. I can certainly do that.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's the item. You need to choose which size you want. I normally use a #1 for the edge of a cut, like I did on this pistol. I use a #3 on the edge of the leather, also like I did on this one. I have a #5 but it's too wide for most anything I do.

Good that you can make the vinegaroon. It's the best black I've ever found.

JD Alan

Thanks Will, I appreciate the info, JD

Ace Lungger

MW,
That is AWESOME, very, very clean lines! You realy made the border stand out, buy using the beveling tool, and the little extra's WG's stamp made it look a lot different i like it!
Thanks for shareing that.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Wiley Desperado

Boy it don't take no time at all to get behind on this site.  First of all RT I did design that knife case like a Mexican loop holster thanks for asking.  Marshal your leathercrafting is absolutly top shelf, pro-class Pard.  Cowboy 316 nice work Pard looks like your hooked on this hobby. 

Johnny McCrae

Howdy All,

I was down in Florida for awhile gettin' a little sand in my shoes and need to catch up. I just want to say that all of the work posted here recently is simply beautiful!  I'm very proud to be associated with the talented and generous people on this forum.

Attached is a slide show of a Saddle Bag-Holster combination I've just finished.  Unlike the last set I posted, this set was made from unfinished leather.  The gusset was made from 4-5 oz. leather and the rest of  the piece from 8-9 oz. leather. I had some problems with dyeing the leather on this project. I used Skidmore's for the final finish and that helped to cover up some of the flaws. The bag was sewn inside out.  I was worried that I would not be able to turn it due to the stiffness of the leather.  I soaked the bag in warm water and was then able to turn it right side out. I learned a lot from this project.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/saddle%20bags%202/?action=view&current=81692cb2.pbw

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

Johnny,

Great job on the bag/holster combo...
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

That's really cool Johnny, I've never seen anything quite like that. I wonder if the Harley was able to make the trip to Florida? In any event, it sounds like you had a great time. Good to hear from you,vJD

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome back, Johnny. Good to see you with us again. That looks good. I like the stitch line turned inside. You drape that across the gas tank or the seat? ;D

Johnny McCrae

Many thanks for the kind words Pards.

Marshall,
It lays right across the gas tank and my Sharps is lashed to the handlebars. Never know when I might spot a stray  Buffalo on the way to Sturgis.

JD,
I wish I could have taken my Harley to Florida. It will probably be April before it gets used again. By the way, I sure like your new profile picture.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:D ;D Howdy Johnny

Will Pard it's good to have you back, I know you had a great time with the family, your saddle bag and scabbard came out great, I'll be talking to you soon.

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on February 01, 2009, 06:49:41 PM
It lays right across the gas tank and my Sharps is lashed to the handlebars. Never know when I might spot a stray  Buffalo on the way to Sturgis.
That's hilarious. :D
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com