Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Definitely looks best with the background tool used on it. The reason is that the background has no shiny highlights. I don't know if I'd have noticed that without your three pics. Thanks for posting those.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

i agree marshal i like it with the background  to but guess there would be a place for no background too
               Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

When I do an area without any background, I often use the background tool along the edge and let it fade into the open area to accent the design.

JD Alan

C316 clarify something for me. Are we looking at one piece in a progression of work, or three separate works, each with different colors and background.

No matter what great work indeed, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SaddleRider

QuoteHow about giving him a call and offering to re-dye it? It is a good item and would really look outstanding with a darker color on it.

Great idea Marshal Will.  I'll call him tomorrow and see if he'll bring it by and let me re-dye it for him.  Thanks for the suggestion!

SaddleRider

Marshal Will, your Frank James Holster is top notch!

RT those cuffs look awesome too!

Keep up the great work and the photo's!

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, SaddleRider. If you do get to re-dye it, take a picture if you can to show us.

cowboy316

Hey JD bud
    That pics of the same piece in different stages
i found a nothe style of oak leaf that im gonna work on if my energy holds out today
was in the er again cuz i could breath but im tuff ill get threw it
                    Cowboy316

cowboy316

hey ya good pard totally finished oak leaf patter dyed with fiebings Tan and then a coat of tan cote and buffed

Wiley Desperado

CW316 your carving is good just keep on enjoying it pard that's what it is about. 
Here is a little project I designed for a friend of mine it is for a big folding knife.  The knife is a bone handled browning but a big Buck will fit very nicely also.  This holster fits a 1.5" width belt. 

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, Wiley. I like the coin concho on the strap. Looks good.

cowboy316

very nice Wiley
     I love this group cuz you all are all so helpfull and full of great ideas and helpfull comments
you will be seeing a lot of me on here hope ya dont get tired of me LOL
  got a holster design going and am workin on a blet now hope it all turns out good
for not knowing what im doing when it comes to holsters and belts like this lol
     Cowboy316

Gun Butcher

Wiley that is some fine work. Your basket weave looks real good. I am going to have to try that one of these days.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

Thanks for the kind remarks pards much appreciated.

Ace Lungger

Very nice Wiley,
I like the look of the basket weave and the Eagle cocho.
Keep it
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Very cool Wiley! I love how it has the look of a Mexican Loop to it. Did you design the pattern for that?
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

I've been needing a holster for local re-enactments and such. I took the elements I liked best in the ones I've made and put them into one. This one isn't a copy of anything but a representative holster for the early cartridge era. I really wanted a brown one but my outfits called for black so it was back to the vinegaroon again. I cut it out Sunday and got it wet-molded today. Here's the result.

JD Alan

Great looking as usual Will. Is your border cut in, or stamped? I assume that's one of Will Ghormley's big flower stamps, sure looks good. Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

::) :o 8) Classy looking holster Pard, your pattern is just right for this piece, you did GOOD FOR SURE.. ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

very classy indeed marshal i love  the stamping pattern in it and the black looks really sharp
    Well Done
       Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com