Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Forty Rod,

I kinda figured that's why you asked. You have a good eye for detail. The cartridge loops are in the center of the belt so the buckle can be turned either way. Even though I've been wearing a belt since first grade, I could not remember which way I place a buckle and actually had to look. Now that's a real senior moment!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

knucklehead

thats a great looking belt.

never would've used webbing for the bullet loops.

i have allways been told on belts that the buckle goes on the left for men/boys. buckle goes on right side for ladies/girls

not sure if thats true but thats how i make my belts.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: knucklehead on November 19, 2008, 09:10:52 PM
thats a great looking belt.

never would've used webbing for the bullet loops.

i have allways been told on belts that the buckle goes on the left for men/boys. buckle goes on right side for ladies/girls

not sure if thats true but thats how i make my belts.

Howdy Knucklehead  :D

The difference between the buckle being on the right or the left, is just an option for righty's & lefty's, I'm a lefty, and I've always worn the buckle on the right for my gun belt and left for my pant belt, go figure. ??? ::) :P :-X :o

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

And the cartridge belt in question works either way by switching the side that you insert the rounds into!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Dr. Bob  :D

That's right Dr. Bob, it makes the belt real versatile, you can go either way, righty or lefty  ::) 8) ;D

By the way , how ya doin Dr. Bob  ??? :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Forty Rod

If you're still confused you could alternate the cartridges..up, down, up, down, up, down...all the way around.

Naw, too confusing.  ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Dr. Bob

hOWDY tEN wOLVES,

I'm doing fine.  The antique mall where I have a small both is in the process of moving and I have been real busy the past 3 weeks with that.  Helped hang peg board for the booths, painted my booth, packed and moved by stuff and am setting up for the opening this Saturday.  Still been dancing some, but run out of gas pretty quick.  Going to volunteer tonight at the National WWI Museum, and then again tomorrow afternoon.  Other than that, been taking it easy! ::) :o ::) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

TexasToby

I made these and have only got to use them in a match 1 time. That was the 1st Sat in Nov "07. Been in bad physical shape ever since then. Texas Toby
Swinging a rope is alot of fun unless, your neck is in the loop.

Dalton Masterson

Welcome Toby!! Those look pretty good!! Hope your gettin better, and can go use them again!! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome, Toby. That looks like a fine rig. Did you re-inforce the back of the holsters to hold the top out slightly or is that just the way they're lying? Either way, you did a good job. The laced strap gives them a nice look. Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping you'll get back out on the range soon.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Toby,

Welcome to the Leather Shop. That's a real nice rig you made there. Hope you will be able to shoot again soon.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Toby

Ditto what Johnny said, good to have you here in the Leather Shop  ;D

outrider

Howdy Toby.  All I can say is Ditto...Ditto...Ditto as all the others have commented.  Welcome to the Leather Shop...good bunch of pards on this forum..couldn't ask for better.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

Toby, add my best wishes to you being able to use that rig again soon. It is a perfect example of less is better. Very simple , very clean lines and the natural finish make it very elegant IMHO.
  Here are my two latest projects, stock covers for both of my long guns and a wrap of soft tanned buffalo hide for the 92.  I used a lot of the suggestions that you pards gave me and I like the way they turned out, although I did learn some new lessons on fitting butt stock covers ::)
                                                      Gun Butcher

OOPS, guess it would be better if'n I remembered the picture :-[
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

outrider

GB,  Those butt covers look really fine.  It's not as easy as some people think to get on of those covers correct.  On some rifles the stocks have curves that are not that visible to the eye until you try and contour a cover.   I'll throw up some pictures of mine maybe tomorrow.  What make is your 92?...I use a Rossi 92 as my main battle rifle.  never had a hiccop with that thing in the 12 years that I have had it.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gun Butcher

Nice work on the butt covers and lever wrap, they should last you a long time. ::) :o 8)

Gun Butcher

Outrider and Ten Wolves thankee fer the kind words.  I cut those covers way to big the first time but I was sure glad I did, had to cut 2 more times to get them right.
   The 92 is also a Rossi. It started out as my brush gun( It's a 44 mag) but when I got into cass it was a good way to save a few bucks and after a little butchering she works slick as a whistle with nerry a stumble.
                                                                            Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

You did a great job on your Butt Covers! They fit your guns perfectly. Many thanks for sharing this with us.

Nice to hear the positive comments on the Rossi 1892's as I've just ordered an EMF Hartford Carbine in .44-40

Ace Lungger

TB, Welcome :) :)
Very nice looking rig!! I not much I can say that hasn't allready been said! I know where you are coming from on the medical condition!!

GB, Great looking Butt Stock Covers!!! I am going to make one for my Rolling Block, if I ever get the Rifle done, and I hope I do a better job sewing the end piece on this one, than I did for my Sharps, but My Mentor gave me some tips that I think ewill help a lot!

Later Pards
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice butt covers, GB. I like long ones that protect the stock from the hammers of your pistols. I put a steel shotgun-style buttstock on my '73 and had to make a cover to hide the mis-matched wood (I don't like those crescent-style stocks they put on the rifles these days). I put a matching one on my shotgun, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com