Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Dang thats nice Will! I hope that fits in the box with my buckles by mistake!! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

will ghormley

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the tech help.  I swear, I don't know how I survive in this century with as little as I understand about technology!  Like the time I dropped my phone and it quit workin'.  My wife drove me to the cell phone store to get a new one.  Lauri asked the salesman if they could salvage the numbers out of the old phone and load 'em on the new phone.  He said, "Maybe.  Depends on how bad it's busted."  He took the phone and looked at it for a second and handed it back to me.  He said, "You don't need a new phone, this one's fine.  You just need to learn how to turn it on."  It was true.  My wife had turned the phone on for me when she gave it to me and I had never turned it off.  I just kept it plugged in when I wasn't usin' it.  I had no idea the thing turned on and off.

Hey Don,

Those Olive holsters are awsome.  The lines, the borders, the placement of the flower stamps...it is so simple yet so...elegant.  Now I'm gonn'a have to try makin' me one.  What long barreled gun do I have that needs another holster...?  I think I'm gonn'a take one of my big stamps, like the Craftool F901, and re-tool it to make somethin' like your border pattern.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

That's truly a fine chair, Will. I like it a lot. That leatherwork adds so much to the chair. Thanks for sharing that outstanding piece with us. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Don101

@ Will ... it was a basket weave stamp X510S and i ground and filed the ends away, and the good looking rosets came from yourself as you know  :) and im very pleased with i must add, so you could say you are now a world wide exporter of fine quality goods, Don

Ace Lungger

:o :o WG,  What words can I say :o(AWESOME) I loved all the holsters, and the chair! i have went total brain dead ??? ::), the only other rig that I want to make is the spring type D.S. to show off my 51 US MARSHSALLS . And I havn't fiured out, how to keep them  from flopping without running a strap around or down to my belt. I think that i will have to do the strap to my gun belt?
Anyone got any ideas??
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: ChuckBurrows on September 30, 2008, 04:10:45 PM
Here's Will's chair......with help from one ole cowboy who is also an ex-geek.......

Howdy Will,
That sure is a nice looking ride. I see you got those clip corner buckles in. Give me a note by PM or email either way.
Chuck, thanks for the picture work.
Take care,
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

HorsePen Henry

Hey Marshall,

I see yer back with thet same old wild rag on.  ;D LOL!!!  :-[
Watch out fer those prairie dog holes.... ;)
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on October 03, 2008, 12:12:02 PMI see yer back with thet same old wild rag on.  ;D LOL!!!  :-[
Yeah, same old wild rag. I've had flour in sacks that looked that good. ;D I take it you're seeing pics fine, now?

HorsePen Henry

Shucks Marshall, my bunch wears flour sacks under our hats with peekie boo holes cut in 'em. We wear 'em like a badge. ;) It's a secret so don't tell nobody. :D
Take care,
X Horse Pen
P.S.  Yep, yer pictures are showing up fine now. Musta been a computer hiccup or something somewhere along the line. :-\
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

ChuckBurrows

I call this a neo-Frontier style since the knife is a "modern" style made by Muela albeit a variation on a Bowie (I did age it though per the customer's request... ; )

It's deer reawhide over a vegtan liner with a bit of scratching on the lower part, a few tacks and spots, some fringe, and a German Silver concho.......kind of "plain" for me...  ;D

It's going bear hunting next month along with the owner's new C Sharps Arms M74 in 45-70.......

and Will G - you're welcome and you gave me a great laugh, that's one of the best low tech meets high tech stories I've heard! You're just an old Luddite cowhand I reckon - there are days I sure wish I was back living in my lodge without all the modern day trappings a feller puts up with today..........
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Dalton Masterson

Dang Chuck! That looks great like all your work. Nice job. I am sure that your customer will be ecstatic with that piece! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Another good one, Chuck. I like the way you finished out the back of the belt strap. It carries the look all the way around. Yep, you should have a happy customer with that one. :D

Gun Butcher

Lordy Chuck, you just never run out of beautiful pieces do you. If I could have antiqued things with the perfection that you do I would still be selling stuff to all of my old buckskinner pards instead of workin' for a livin'.   GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

Chuck, SWEET!!!
I love your style, you pieces are so perfectly done, but they look so period correct. They look 150 years old, but brand new, it is like being in some sort of time warp! You take the simplest little thing and make it a AWESOME piece!
Thanks for sharing, i allway look forward to seeing you stuff!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

Some FINE work going on here!  Always a pleasure to see Chuck's work.  Love it! :)

Will,  I love the chair.  Can you make me one on wheels so I can drag my fat disabled butt around the house?  I'll trade you a bear hide thats lying around somewhere to put on those saddlebags you mentioned, if I can find which box I threw it in when my wife made me clean up the place. :D ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Don101

its an 1881 M  5 1/2 inch holster with the Nr 5 belt loop to fit the double row Krag web belt that was used by the rough riders, Don

swordboy

the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

outrider

Swordboy,

Most 19th century military holsters were carried "butt forward" on the right side.  What you see is the correct design.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks great, Don. I like it a lot. The toe plug with the drain hole is a nice touch. Thanks for the pics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com