Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Howdy Pards,

As promised I have finally finished the western style .45 ACP holster...ala Wild Bunch.  This one has the arc and as you can see has the "US" stamp on the cross strap.  Coloring is oil with Bag Kote finish.  Any critique is more than welcome

Hey Horse Pen...you better get yourself one of these 45's...fun to play with for sure.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Sorry about the pictures on the last post..I must have had the camera on a slight angle.  the holster looks "squatty" I try better next time ;D
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

looks good, Outrider. The US works nicely on the strap. I like the double crease on the pouch to match to give it a little more for your eye to land on outside the strap area. The oil finish is a good choice, too. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Don,
That is one elegant looking Holster! Beautiful finish! Just like something one would see on the pages of "Packing Iron". Many thanks for sharing this with us.

Howdy Outrider,
I was looking forward to seeing your US stamp. It looks great! Thats a neat and clean design along with excellent workmanship. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

kid sheleen

Don, not much more to say except I agree with everybody.  Beautiful work and nice color!

Outrider,  If I come over to your place will you teach me how to do that?  We are neighbors after all.  Great work, as always!
kid
www.circlemleather.com

kid sheleen

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on September 22, 2008, 01:32:43 PM

Hey Kid,
That is one fine piece a work. While yer makin' everbody else one I'll take mine with a bear sittin' in a van.  ;D
Cheers,
X Horse Pen

:D  Horsepen,  I been tryin' all day to get the bear to sit up in the van like he's drivin' so I can make a picture for a pattern for it, but he ain't co operatin'!  How 'bout a wild boar? ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

outrider

SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Dalton Masterson

Outrider, that looks very nice!! Who made the stamp? DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Top Kick Ken

Quote from: outrider on September 26, 2008, 01:54:01 PM
Howdy Pards,

As promised I have finally finished the western style .45 ACP holster...ala Wild Bunch.  This one has the arc and as you can see has the "US" stamp on the cross strap.  Coloring is oil with Bag Kote finish.  Any critique is more than welcome

Hey Horse Pen...you better get yourself one of these 45's...fun to play with for sure.

Love that Holster!  I like the color contrast.

Where do you get the US stamp?  I have looked all over for one of those for years...to no avail.
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Ace Lungger

:)Outrider my Friend,
I knew you would come up with another 1911 holster! Looks real Clean and nice, and like everyone else, I like the US on it, realy Tricks it out!

Thanks for sharing ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Dalton,

I have had that "US" stamp for many years and don't remember where I got it.  However I think that Weaver Leather sells both the "US" and the "CS" stamp under their reenactment hardware.  Stock No. 65-3050 for the "US" stamp and 65-3051 for the "CS" stamp.  At that time they were selling for $75.00 but have most likely gone up.  Hope this helps
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Don101

olive Nr 2 here are a couple of pics of the front back and side so you can see how i polish and burnish the edges and back, Don

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, Don. I like this one even better than the first. The double row border is nice. Good job of burnishing. I've never done the back. How does it work for CAS? I've always left it rough but that can change. I may have to try one to see how it is.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny Dingus

Don,

Beautiful work as always.  Love it when we see the talent that you longtime leather workers share.   :)

How heavy is the leather that you used?  And how do you wet mold yours,  any tricks?

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Don101

its roughly 8- 9 oz leather i dont normaly wet mold, but you can use low warm water soak the holster in it and wrap the gun in an oily plastic bag and let it dry naturally after you are finished molding, Don

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Mississippi Sam

Don,

What did you use to achieve that gorgeous color!?!?

will ghormley

Hey Ya'all,

After my hard drive crash, I've finally gotten my digital camera back on line.  However, I can't reduce a photo size to post anything on this site.  I'm such a computer dunce.  I wanted to share a photo of the antique "Samuel Clements" style chair my wife Lauri got me for Father's Day.  Since I spend much more time in this chair than I do in a saddle, I fugured I needed to give it some leather trim.  So, I simulated a carved leather pattern from an 1880s saddle and applied it to the chair.  I even gave it a small braided cantle role.

Since I can't post the photo at the size I took it at, I've put it on my photo page on my website.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/Photos.html

There ya have it,
Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Don101

MS the color is a 3-1 mix ... 1x fibings middle brown oil dye and and 3 x fibings saddle tan oil dye and when it is dry lightly rubed with leather conditioner,

@ will that chair has just turned out great, Don

ChuckBurrows

Here's Will's chair......with help from one ole cowboy who is also an ex-geek.......

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com