Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a good looking holster, Outrider. I like the way you reflect the Arc on the strap at both ends. It makes for a nice, balanced holster. Good work, there. Be sure to post one with the US on it, when you make one. That would look great with a basket weave on it, too. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

kid sheleen

Man Outrider.  That's some sweet work.  Outstanding! :D

By the by,  I don't think I'll be doing anymore of that fancy stuff for a long time, but I'll send you the pattern and you can make one.

Ace,  I don't have a problem feeding you, but are you potty trained?  I don't think I could go through that again. ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outyrider

Well done Pard , I like your use of the seeder on your border, I did this myself on my last holster , it just gives it a nice and a little different look, your pattern is also nice and looks to fit the 1911 real well, your finish is nice and rich and not overly shinny, good color too. 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

:) Outrider,
  You I like that the best so far :) I know you and that won't be the last of them! great design and nice color!1
Thanks For sharing!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Thanks for the compliments..I was basically looking for comments on the design and if any of you felt there were changes in order.

Johnny,  the color is Feibings Mahogany dye.

In most cases I don't like real shiny finishes  the seal coat is Tan Kote and I may put on one or two applications of neutral shoe polish to give it a little sheen.

Ace,  your right about additional ones..I have already sold three of them and have two more on the work bench.  At least now I have two versions that they can choose from.  I am also working on versions without the cross strap and without a skirt.  That way I can then offer six different configurations of the same basic holster.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

cowboywc

Howdy Kid
That is a great lookin rig. Nice job.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Howdy Outrider
That's a sharp lookin holster
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider,

Another great job from your workshop! A well thought out design and beautiful looking finish. Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Black Powder

Quote from: kid sheleen on September 19, 2008, 12:58:44 PM
... a gift for my son who's coming home from college this weekend and I wanted to have it ready to give him for his B-day. 

What the heck you gonna make when he graduates?   ;D

Was lookin' forward to seein' the finished project.  Great work and gift.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: outrider on September 21, 2008, 10:19:38 AM
Howdy Pards,

I have again re-designed the western style 45 ACP holster.  Instead of a recurve at the throat I have done an arc.  So far this has been well received by the Wild Biunch shooters.  But I wanted some input from my favorite critics   ;D  I have also finally found my "US" impression stamp an the next holster will have the cross strap with the "US" logo on it.

Well...that cinches it. I guess I am gonna have to get me one a them Colt 45 auto loadin' pistols. That is a real nice traditional holster fer a modern shootin' iron. Nice work neighbor!!!

Thumbs up,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: kid sheleen on September 19, 2008, 12:58:44 PM
Alright, Compadres,  I've been working my fingers to the bone all week to finish the eagle buscadero belt because it's a gift for my son who's coming home from college this weekend and I wanted to have it ready to give him for his B-day.  Here's the pics! :)

Hey Kid,
That is one fine piece a work. While yer makin' everbody else one I'll take mine with a bear sittin' in a van.  ;D
Cheers,
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: Don101 on September 17, 2008, 11:59:29 AM
got these bird wings finished today they are based on J.S.Collins spur straps, Don

Hi Don,

Those are fine lookin' straps. I don't even see anything wrong with 'em at all. Absolutely fine example of old timey spur straps. I tend to be a traditionalst myself. Dern nice!!!

I'll send ya my address just in case ya git tired of 'em.  ;D ;D ;D

Keep the good stuff a comin',
X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Don101

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, Don. Nice use of the olive skirt with that kind of a border design. Nice work, pard.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

HorsePen Henry

The Marshall is right on target. Fine piece a work Don!!!

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Don101 on September 25, 2008, 11:29:38 AM
finished this Olive Pattern today, Don

Don, " Well Done for sure " beautiful work, I really like your borders and the use of the flower stamp.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Howdt Don, i will have to agree with everything has been said, that is a beatufull holster, and love the layuout!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Dalton Masterson

Very very very nice Don!!! I love the use of the floral stamps, and the spots. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

outrider

Don,

Well done.  I particularly like the color.  Fantastic looking holster.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com