Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Kid DITTO what WC said, that is beautiful, can't wait to see it finished.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That's great, Kid. Keep at it just like you are. No reason to change to anything else. I really like it with the eagle above the holster. Nice idea to do a little figure carving in with the floral design. Waiting to see the finished product for sure.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Black Powder

Remarkable.  I love looking at precise pattern work, but Kid, this is a picture.  I have no idea what it takes to do what you and others do; the craftsmanship is one thing, but the creativity is something else.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Ace Lungger

KD, :o :o I cannot wait to see the whole thing done :) :)
That is some mitidy fine stamping you got going on there!
Thanks for sharing, and when you get er done get that babe on here for us to look at!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

Beautiful work Kid.

Love the Eagle in there with the flowers.  Neat to see the bullet loop layout without loops.  Makes a new guy think about the building process.

Thanks for the post before it is done.  Helps me learn.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Gun Butcher

Yer right about that thinking the process thru Johnny. That is one of my biggest problems.    Kid that carving looks great and thanks for posting the unfinished pics. Like JD said it is a real help.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboywc

Howdy All
It's kinda quite today, everyone must be hard at work making cool things.
Here are a few sheaths I've done in the past.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are really fine. I particularly like the second one with all swivel knife work and one whack with a stamp. The stamp really accents the rest. Nice, graceful lines with that knifework, pard. I also like numbers 1, 3 and 4.  ;D Thanks for the pics. Nice work.

kid sheleen

Man, that's some mighty fine work, WC!  I like the first one.  A lot of different types of things well blended together.  The flower at the bottom really sets it off and the meander is great.  The maltese cross at the top is interesting.  Is there a Hitler youth knife under there? :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

cowboywc

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on September 15, 2008, 07:51:51 PM
Those are really fine. I particularly like the second one with all swivel knife work and one whack with a stamp. The stamp really accents the rest. Nice, graceful lines with that knifework, pard. I also like numbers 1, 3 and 4.  ;D Thanks for the pics. Nice work.
Howdy MW
Thank you.
The stamp at the bottom is not a stamp, it's carved.
WC

cowboywc

Quote from: kid sheleen on September 15, 2008, 09:30:35 PM
Man, that's some mighty fine work, WC!  I like the first one.  A lot of different types of things well blended together.  The flower at the bottom really sets it off and the meander is great.  The maltese cross at the top is interesting.  Is there a Hitler youth knife under there? :)
Howdy Kid
Thank you.
When I make things for me they are advertising for my custom business so I do a lot of mixing of designs
that way I don't have to have as many things on the walls to show customers. I've got a ton as it is  ;D
That cross snap cap came in just as I was finishing the sheath so I used it to show the bikers what it would
look like.

kid sheleen

Very nifty!  But I think I made a mistake and miscalled the snap.  I believe thats called an iron cross, not a maltese.  All the same, the shape of the sheath looked like the shape of the youth knife.  Sorry 'bout that!  And thats a great idea for your customers! :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: cowboywc on September 15, 2008, 11:59:58 PMThe stamp at the bottom is not a stamp, it's carved.
I was referring to the very center. It sure looks like a seeder or flower center at the center of it. Great work either way. I do like the look a lot. I may have to make a holster that way one of these days.

Ace Lungger

:)Howdy WC,
Those are AWESOME!! be realy hard to pick which one a person likes the best! Each one as a personality design of its own!!
When i started going down threw them , i would i like this one the best, and then, i like this one the best, and so on!
Those ar some super displays showning customers that if you want it, I can do it!

Thanks a bunch for sharing!!1

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC, beautiful work Pal  ::) :o 8)

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Howdy Will
I thought you ment the whole thing like WG James stamps.

cowboywc

Howdy
I had made that sheath as a matched set with a holster. Someone bought the holster but didn't want the
knife and sheath.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice set, WC, I'm surprised it wasn't bought as one. Well, there's no anticipating what the next guy will like or want sometimes. I like the style. Yeah, I thought there was a seeder in there. Thanks for the pics.

Don101

very nice finger cuts there WC yours is better than the holster you hade to match up for, Don

Don101

got these bird wings finished today they are based on J.S.Collins spur straps, Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com