Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

will ghormley

Hey Outrider,

Those saddlebags are awsome!  I've gott'a make me a set like that.  Only, I think I want bear hide on mine.  I think I would extend the flap so it runs all the way down the front, and yeah, maybe run the strap from the back rather than over the hide.  Though, I like the way the strap is an accent over the calf hide.  That is a mighty fine lookin' set of saddlebags though.

Maybe Kid Sheleens 'as got some bear hide hangin' around somewheres.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Don101

Just finished this today, the lighting isnt all that great, Don

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, Don. Clean and simple. It makes a good no-nonsense rig. The maker's stamp adds to the overall effect. The sewn on buckle end with the narrowed billet end is a nice touch. I like it. Thanks for the pic.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Don

I agree with Marshall Will, nice clean lines, well done.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Don,

Beautiful job! The clean and simple design of this rig give it an elegant look. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Here's the left holster for my outlaw rig. It's a little lighter than I was expecting but it's a good color. The holster is a loose copy of one made for the mail order trade probably around 1890-1900. The rosettes are Will ghormley's small Frank James rosette, somewhat embellished to look more like the one on the original holster. The original had a roll stamp between the rosettes. I didn't have one so I used the side of a meander stamp I made years ago to give a similar appearance. This is probably the first stamp I ever made. A stitch marker down each side of the border stamp finished it off. The color is almost a day in the pecan dye. The next piece of my outlaw rig will be a bullet pouch.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Marshal Will, thats a great looking holster , and the color looks good too, an outlaw would have loved to have a holster like this one (LOL )

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, 10W.

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on September 08, 2008, 05:54:51 PMan outlaw would have loved to have a holster like this one (LOL )
He'd have to steal it to make it correct, though. ;D

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Dr. Bob

Kewel!! ::) ;D  That is a really neat border.  Should be in the gallery!!  I sure do love coming to this thread and seeing all the exciting things that y'all post here! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Johnny Dingus

Beutiful holster Marshall W,  like the Remington too.  Like the border design also.  Can't wait to see the full rig.

Don Nice holster also really like that belt style.  Did you hand stich all those bullet loops?

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Your all putting out such nice leather work , my hats off to all of you , keep it coming, can't wait to see all this good stuff.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Will I just finished a Johnny McCrea rifle butt cover, and I have to say Johnny's method is top notch, it's something that will last and last. the cover I made is for my 1874 Pedersoli Sharps Business Rifle, it came with a 14" trigger pull, and I have a 15 1/2" pull, so I added 1 1/2"'s of high density rubber cushion, which Ace Lunger help me out with also, which brought it to 15 1/2" in trigger pull, I used 8/9 ounce vegi-tan leather, and submerged it in my natural walnut dye for six days, then used some Lexoil to condition, then EVOO, and finally Skidmores Leather Cream, to finish it off , I hope you all like it, it fits me like a glove now, and at least after I have surgery, there will be a little spring in that butt in of the rifle to help me get out of a chair don't ya know. :D ;D 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D ;) ;D

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

SOME MORE PICTURES,  and thanks again Johnny McCrea, I couldn't be happier Pard, and Ace thanks for the extra pad cushion, Pal it made the difference. 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D ;) 8)

Dalton Masterson

Very nice work all 3 of you!!! Like the cleanliness Don. Very slick.
Love the border work and color MArshal.
Nice butt, 10W ;D. (You know what  I mean.)
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks pards. I appreciate the kind words.

Putting that border in the gallery is a good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. I'll have to take a good close-up of it for that.

10W, that butt cover is great. I like it. That's a good design of Johnny's for sure.

Dalton, we may have to keep an eye on you.  ;D ;D ;D

santee

Really nice! Did you find the pecan to be more to your liking than the walnut?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Santee. I can't say the pecan was more to my liking, just another option for choosing a color. I like the richness of the natural dyes. It would depend on my mood as to which I liked better.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

Thanks Marshal Will for your comments , and Dalton you too, not real sure about your comment though.

Marshal, I think the pecan color came out real nice, and the border trim really adds a schnazzy look to it, you do very well when picking out your border tools.

I picked walnut for mine because I wanted the leather to blend in with the color of my walnut stock, which I think it did very well, thats another thing about using natural dyes , there natural and you can make them do nice things, and create wonderfull colors and shades. I need to cook up some of the pecans that Ace sent me, it's just been too hot here to be cooking in the house, and too hot to be out side, so as soon as it cools off I'll cook up a batch, I'm already thinking of things to use it on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com