Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don101

thanks guys,
the leather front is about 5 oz calf leather and the backing is like a supple glove leather of 2 oz, Don

Ace Lungger

Howdy Don101<
All I can say is AWESOME :o :o :) Those are super!!!!!!!!!
I might be able to do a lot of different things, imight try a lot of things! But I am am not going to try anything like those!!
Don, Stand Pround my friend! Those are out off site!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

ChuckBurrows

A couple of sheaths and it's 3:00 in the AM........ :P  ;D  :P

A Mexican loop.....

A fancy beaded one with buffler hair tassels - I built the coyote jawbone knife too....

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Ace Lungger

:)Good Morning Chuck,
Those are Beauitfull  :o, Out standing!! I have no words to explain the inspiration that your work gives me! If I remember right you live out west, but I can't remember just where? I plan on coming out west in late Oct. to the Walla Walla Washington area, but I think you live to far from there for me to ask to drop by and say HI.
Maybe some other time!
Love your work!!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

More of that great beadwork, Chuck. It's most impressive. The knife is something, too. Did you make the handle from both sides of the jawbone put together? It really looks good. I also like the Mexican loop. The skirt is perfectly proportionate to the scabbard. Those border stamps work really well, nice and clean with a quality look. Thanks for the eye candy this morning. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful work Chuck, I really like your use of spots , and border tooling, and I'm going to have to give your coffee dye a go , the color is absolutly beautiful, I think you have this holster and knife sheath thing down Pard, and by the way I got those tools for making holes for the spots , and the tool for setting them , now I need to give them a work out, anyway Chuck your work is a job well done for sure, Thanks for sharing , and keep them coming. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Cavalier

Chuck,
Thanks for using both the left and the right scroll stamp for the loop sheath. Bothers me when folks don't think of that.

I wish I had the patience to do all that bead work.  It's beautiful.

Kid
KID CAVALIER
Maker of Fine Gunleather

santee

Love that border on the knife sheath. Just an all-around wow!!!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

kid sheleen

As usual, there's some great leatherwork being shown on here. :)

Here's my latest foray into concealed carry;  a paddle holster for my brother-in-law for a K Frame Smith .357.  The welt on the paddle holds it in your pants, but just in case there's a removable belt loop on the front.

I think I'll make one for my Colt SAA 4 5/8" just for fun! :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Kid

Beautiful work pard, and well built too, this is a nice working pattern, I think your 4 5/8" colt would real comfortable riding in this holster, are going to leave it natural, it looks good right now, or are you going to put some color on it, either way your brother in law should be real happy with it. WELL DONE  ::) :o 8) ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: kid sheleen on August 19, 2008, 02:31:08 PM
As usual, there's some great leatherwork being shown on here. :)

Here's my latest foray into concealed carry;  a paddle holster for my brother-in-law for a K Frame Smith .357.  The welt on the paddle holds it in your pants, but just in case there's a removable belt loop on the front.

I think I'll make one for my Colt SAA 4 5/8" just for fun! :D

Beautifully carved, Kid. Thanks for showing it off! My favorite style a carving. Aww heck! I like it all.

Thumbs up,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ace Lungger

:)Kid, There just isn't anything think else I can, that hasn't been said except the work on it is AWESOME!!

Thanks for Sharing
Greg
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Great job, Kid. I like the floral design on it. The paddle should work good. Thanks for the pics. Be sure to post a pic if you make one for your SAA. ;D

kid sheleen

Thanks guys! :)

Ten Wolves, I'm going to leave it natural.  He likes the color of the leather so I'll probably put on a light coat of olive oil first and then a light spray coat of resolene on it after that.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, thanks to Outrider's mag holder pattern and some measurements I took off a canvass Army issue mag holder, I have a rig ready for our Wild Bunch match. These'll hang on a Mills shotgun belt. I didn't include the belt because I don't have a good one yet. Still looking but I have a month to prepare.

I didn't notice until I posted the photo but I see the pistol isn't all the way down in the holster. That's OK, we're looking at the leather anyway.  ;D

outrider

Marshal...looks great..I like the mag pouch...i guess I will have to make another one for the two mags... :D  That holster kind of grows on you ;D  later
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will

Excellent work Will, that's a HUM DINGER if I ever saw one, and it still looks Cowboy. Well done, that must have been some good input from Outrider. ::) :o 8) ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards. I'll be making another pair of the mag holders so I can carry 6 mags (need up to 5 for SASS WB matches but a 3-up wouldn't look that good) and look somewhat historically correct. I suppose I'll have to make a tooled one next but I wanted this to look semi-military.

santee

Quote from: outrider on August 21, 2008, 07:53:17 PM
Marshal...looks great..I like the mag pouch...i guess I will have to make another one for the two mags... :D  That holster kind of grows on you ;D  later
Boys, where would I find a pattern for a 1911 like that? Kinda wanna make one for my brother.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

outrider

Howdy Pards,

Well, here's my story and I'me sticking to it :D  I had one of my shooting pards ask me to make a knife sheath to match the double rig I had made for him earlier this year.  He handed me a beautiful knife which he had made out of a leaf spring and it had a real Ivory handle with brass furniture...really one excellent knife.  Then he says I thought you would need the knife to fit the sheath so I made a wooden duplicate for the fitting...he then hands me a wooden knife?????  Well, here's the results with the wooden knife :D :D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com