Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Great mag holder, Outrider. How did you know I was going to need to make something like that? I was considering doing three separate double-up ones Now I may have to reconsider. That looks good. Nice and even. Practical design, too. Nice work.

10W, those look great. Very period looking. Nice use of the curved stop stamp on the border. It isn't easy to do that evenly like you did. Lookin' good. I like the color, too. Did that shading near the edges occur on its own or did you come at it with an airbrush? That walnut dye sure doesn't look anything like mine. Of course, I've added the steel wool then russet to compensate.

10 minutes later: OK, 10W, I saw your posts on the walnut dye thread so I know how you got the color.

Thanks for the pics, pards. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny Dingus

Beautiful Job tEN wOLVES.

Now you need to post a report on how well they worked at the next shoot.

Love the color.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

HorsePen Henry

Ten Wolves, I likee!!! Nice stamp work right there and the color turned out real rich. Absolutely Bee-you-tiful. I like the seeder and melon seed lookin' thingy on there, too. The stitchin' wheel along the outside of that sets it off nicely. Two thumbs up!!!

Stay busy, ;D

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

tHANKS aLL

I really appreciate all your kind words , it felt good for me to get something back in here again, it's been too long.

Horse Pen, I got that seeder thing from you , I've always liked the way you incorporate it into your work. ::) :D ;D

Irish Dave, that one stamp I used on my border, will I got the idea from you on one of your holsters.

So I think I have a little bit of everybody in these holsters, so Thanks  :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

:o TW, Them there pair of holsters are sure PURDY and very nicely done, fer a cow poke with a lame arm and shoulder!!
Isn't it purdy hard to sew them up with one had and your teeth? ;D :)
Those are awesome Bud, I like they way you desiged them!!
Thanks for sharing Pard

DC, sorry about being late on my post on the chaps, I wanted to go to the home page and get a bigger look and I did, very nicely done!!
I wished you would of had a front side view! Do they call them chaps or some type of range pants?
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

HorsePen Henry

TW, are those holsters for a pair a 5 1/2" barreled pistols? The more I look at 'em the more I like 'em. I am beginning to warm up to the addition of conchos on holsters. I may not wear 'em on mine but I am likin' the looks of 'em.

You guys are a bad influence on me.  ;D

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

kid sheleen

Since I can't think of anything brown that begins with "C", other than chocolate, I'll probably side with the coffee guesses. I must admit, I hadn't thought of coffee myself so can't lay claim to the idea.
[/quote]

Been a while since I last read this forum.  Been busy with all sorts of stuff.

Boy! There's a lot GREAT work comin' out of you guys!

Speaking of coffee color, had a guy ask me about making a case for some throwing knives for him.  Sent me an e-mail with a picture of a motorcyle tool bag and wanted something like it.  I asked him what color and he said "Havanna, like coffee beans".  Reckon that's what color this is? :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

outrider

Ace,

The belt slide main body is 8-9oz. and the loops are 4-5oz. I had to close off the bottom of the loops because of the possibility of a round being ejected out of one of the magazines.  The color id Fiebings Light Brown

Horsepen,  Like you I don't care for conchos or silver on my personal gear but I do like to look at samples that do have the glitter.  Maybe in moderation...

TW...you old dog you...fantastic looking holsters..I'm glad you hung in there  your doing great work.  You know come to think of it I never did get ahold of those people at EMF...I must do that soon.  Problem is I keep jumping from the Great Western II's to the NMV, and then the OMV.  I still have a great passion for the OMV Bisley...love the feel of those grips.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Thanks Ace, I like the way they came out, and yes making and sewing these was a task, I'll be glade when I can get this surgery done and behind me.

HorsePen, the holsters are for my 5 1/2" NM Vaquero's, as far as the concho's go, I've always liked the use of them, as long as it's not over done, dressing up the holsters and leaving the belts plain was common in the day, and then like my wife says, some times LESS IS MORE  ??? ::) :o :-\

Kid Sheleen, I didn't use coffee on these , I used natural walnut dye , but I'm going to give the coffee dye a try, I like all the different colors of brown.

Outrider, thanks for the kind words Pard, when it comes to the bling, I like it both ways , if there is a lot of good looking tooling /carving/stamping, I'll tend to leave the concho's off or use very little , if I have a border stamped with or without tooling,( a small amount of tooling ) I think the use of spots or concho's looks good , and then just a basic border stamped holster looks good just plane. I'm going down to E.M.F. on Monday to pick out a Sharps Rifle, so if you want me to say anything to them , let me know?

Take care Pards  ;D

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

;D Well here they are as promised. The first holsters from my hand since 1986. Made from 9-10 oz. leather,pattern by myself and no excuses. Seriously, as all of you have said so many times,we are our own harshest critic. But, in this case I had so much fun the last 4 days I am not even going to comment on what I think of them. I will leave that to you all.
  I will tell you the cylinder case will have to be reworked( no plan before i started). The knife and sheath are items that I made almost 25 years ago.
Let me know what you think.
                                       Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Gun Butcher

whoops :-[ I guess I should post a picture of a knife and a cylinder case if I"
'm going to talk about them :o
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dr. Bob

Gun Butcher,

Ya done real good!! ;D  You should be feeling PRIDE!  
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, GB, 25 years didn't hurt you any. Nice, flowing lines. Very fluid, a nice look. Great color, too. You did a great job of matching the new stuff with the old color. A little time and they'll be exact. Good work, pard. Thanks for the pics.

Welcome back. Looking forward to more of your work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

I do appreciate that Dr. Bob. It ain't pride if you lay it out in front of you on the floor and stare at it for 4 or 5 hrs is it ?
 I did find that they get a little uncomfortable wearing them whilst sittin' in my lazyboy  ;)

Gun Butcher

You know it's funny. I didn't plan on matching the color of the sheath, it must be my favorite because i had already stained the belt and one holster before I realized it matched.
Thanks Marshall Will , you pards on the forum are the inspiration. Now I need to practice lots and lots!!!
                         GB

HorsePen Henry

Gun Butcher,

Superlative! I like yer use of volutes. Especially on the holsters. Real nice rig.

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Gun Butcher

Thankee Mr. Horsepen, coming from you them is kind words indeed as I have always found your work to be of the highest quality.   GB

Johnny Dingus

Really Nice Work GB.

The color matches real well and I like your use of spots.  Draws your attention.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on August 11, 2008, 12:02:55 AM
Well, GB, 25 years didn't hurt you any. Nice, flowing lines. Very fluid, a nice look. Great color, too. You did a great job of matching the new stuff with the old color. A little time and they'll be exact. Good work, pard. Thanks for the pics.

Welcome back. Looking forward to more of your work.
Hello Gun Butcher

Marshal Will, said it well, Nice job Pard,  ;D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com