Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Great work again, pards.

Chuck, that narrow belt is definitely my style. Outstanding look. That beadwork is really fine, too.

Dalton, you keep cranking out these cool rigs. Nice tooling. The spots are a good accent, as well.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Don101

Chuck i love the whirling log design on the sheath, and Dalton great carving you did say first time... , Don

cowboywc

Howdy DM
Very nice job. Great for a first time.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dalton,
My compliments to you on another great job! Its hard to believe this is your first time carving. The carving on these holsters is gorgeous.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dalton Masterson

Well, not first time carving, but first time covering a whole rig. I have carved little corner bits here and there just for accent.
Thanks for the compliments gents. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

santee

Man, you fellas put out some truly inspirational pieces. Thanks!!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

:o :o :o DM'
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, killer job  :o All I can say is that you have been holding back on me, or you have flat TURNED UP THE HEAT!!  Now that gets my heart pumping, and makes me want to get out and hit it, but my back don't think so!!

I LOVE UM!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

custom79

Made this last week as I was sick at home and needed a crossdraw for Sunday's shoot.

I haven't posted anything before, but I liked the picture and got some very nice feedback from some fellow shooters.

Regards.

C79

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks good, Custom79. The basket weave looks good on it. Nice balanced look. Very nice work. Welcome to the forum, pard. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D Howdy custom79

Will I think you need to be posting more of your work, your rig is beautiful pard, I like the weave and the border , and the color and design , you did well, thanks for sharing , and feel free to show more , we're happy to have you in the forum... ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

C79,
AWESOME, I have to agree with MW & TW, not much else I could add, other than I wished I was that good, I am working that away ??? ::).
Thanks for sharing, and like TW said "Show us More!" :) :)

ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Nice stuff Custom79. I'm with the others...post some more!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny Dingus

C79, 

Nice work,  the newest memeber here and expert craftmanship.  Show us more!  Keep up the good work.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Irish Dave

Nice pieces all: Chuck, Dalton and C79.

This forum is a great place for sharing, showing and learning. We are fortunate to have it.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Custom79,

Beautiful work! Welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing your future projects.

Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

will ghormley

Hey Iain,

Good to see your work here at the forum, eh.

I'm goin' to post the second of two Johnny Ringo Rigs I've made.  This second one is for a movie prop collector/re-creator who was really into the details.  The movie rig had been shortened to fit the actor.  They moved the billet back, took off two bullet loops, popped off two spots, and sewed the billet back on with a differnt stitching pattern, leaving stitching holes, and the marks where the spots had been.  The billet was sewn on a little too high, and the movie guy wanted me to re-create these details.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) :D ;D ;D :o ::) Now thats the real deal, nice work Will.  8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

:)WG,
One word AWESOME!!! :o Of course, everything that you do is top notch!!! I got 3 sets of your patterns and plan to get more, but i could have 10,000 patterns and that won not make me better, practice and improve, practice and improve, I think that is what it is going to take for me, to get better!1
Thats for sharing that great looking rig for all of us to see!

Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

custom79

Hey Will,

I've peeked in here forever as well. It is always nice to see what the pards here put together to show. Lots of wonderful work.

I figured it was time I put one of mine out of folks to see.

I think it deserves to be noted that I get a lot of my ideas from playing around with variations on the many patterns of yours that I have. It should also be said that this cowboy appreciates it that you always have a moment to answer a question or offer some advice when I ask.

Regards.

C79

Quote from: will ghormley on July 17, 2008, 03:27:47 PM
Hey Iain,

Good to see your work here at the forum, eh.

I'm goin' to post the second of two Johnny Ringo Rigs I've made.  This second one is for a movie prop collector/re-creator who was really into the details.  The movie rig had been shortened to fit the actor.  They moved the billet back, took off two bullet loops, popped off two spots, and sewed the billet back on with a differnt stitching pattern, leaving stitching holes, and the marks where the spots had been.  The billet was sewn on a little too high, and the movie guy wanted me to re-create these details.

Will

custom79

Thanks to all for the kind words. Coming from this talented bunch, it is high praise indeed.

I'll do my best to keep a piece coming now and then. My bench is a little crowded with projects that I have promised to a few good folks here in Winnipeg.

Doing things by hand is rewarding, but time intensive.

C79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com