Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dave,
Thats a mighty fine lookin Rig! You can be very proud to wear it. Great design and border stamping. Did you make your own stamp?

I love the background setting you used for the picture
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Thanks, Johnny.

No, it's just a combination of commercially available stamps (don't recall the numbers at the moment) and rolled outside and middle borders.

The background's just a compilation of some stuff I had on hand. Did quite a bit of photography (professional and otherwise) in a former life. Lighting and composition are always the keys. I humbly appreciate the kind comments.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Mogorilla

Not western, but my sisters turned 50 and 51 this year.  They are 11 months apart (Irish Twins) and celebrated together.   I made them each a purse becasue I being their younger brother, I am cheap and I had the leather.   So do you guys turn your hobby over to more modern pursuits?  I have made one for my wife as well.

Pitspitr

Quote from: Mogorilla on May 01, 2008, 12:14:55 PM
 So do you guys turn your hobby over to more modern pursuits? 

Absolutely. Recently most of the time I've spent on leather work has been for my cowboy leather as I've needed a few items that I'm too cheap to buy, but I make bill folds and belts or anything else I need (and am too tight to buy)  :-[
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

cowboywc

Howdy
I still make gifts but my leather work is my full-time business along with the leather supply store.
The cowboy gear is just the tip of the iceberge of what I make.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice gifts, pard. They look like they are good, usable works. They'll certainly appreciate those.

Quote from: Mogorilla on May 01, 2008, 12:14:55 PMSo do you guys turn your hobby over to more modern pursuits?
You bet. I like all leather stuff but the cowboy things are my favorites. Sometimes that bleeds over into the other things I make.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Quote from: Arabela Kid on April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM
OK pards, it is time to show off your talents. I would like to see pictures of holsters, belts, sheaths, etc.... that you have made yourself. Let's see what ya got!!!!
Howdy All
Here is a belt I just finished for my trip to the Sheridan Leather Show.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, pard. I like the black background to offset the floral design. I've always used a seeder in the curled shoots but I like the look you got without it. That offsets the busyness nicely. I may have to try that next time.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC

Will again beautiful work Pard , it doesn't get any better than this , nice design, the tooling is deep and really stands out, I hope you WIN at the show. :D ;D ;D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

HorsePen Henry

Nice design and tooling job on the belt. The lack of flowers and only leaves and scrolls sure didn't hurt the design none. I like the contrast of dyed backgrounds myself and the relief in the design surface caused by the open spaces on the scrolls add to that contrast. I like it. Good luck at the show, WC.

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Irish Dave

Hey, WC:

The contrast is striking. Nice lookin' piece for sure.

Best of luck at the show, pard.
NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

cowboywc

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on May 04, 2008, 08:41:38 AM
Looks good, pard. I like the black background to offset the floral design. I've always used a seeder in the curled shoots but I like the look you got without it. That offsets the busyness nicely. I may have to try that next time.
Howdy
Thank you for the kind words.
On a fern swerl I put a seeder also, this is a turn back leaf design by Bob Beard and it should not have the
seeder.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: cowboywc on May 04, 2008, 05:01:17 PMOn a fern swerl I put a seeder also, this is a turn back leaf design by Bob Beard and it should not have the seeder.
Thanks. I see the difference. I'll play with that.

Johnny McCrae

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

That's pretty nice pard , looks like it fits well too , is that a 5 shot S&W, in the holster, looks like one of mine , any who, you did did well on this and bet your friend is happy too. ::) 8)

Take care Pard  ;)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Hi Ten Wolves,

Many thanks for your kind words.

The pistol is a five shot H & R Arms Safety Hammer Double Action.

HorsePen Henry

Hidy Johnny, that stamp makes a nice simple border. Simple but elegant. I like it and just might have ta use that 'un myself.

Thanks for posting the pictures,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Irish Dave

Good job, pard. Interesting pattern/design.
NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com