Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Hey that looks pretty good there Henry! Nice tooling work! Cant wait to see your holsters. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Dalton you did an excellent job, for being a copy, I only wish I'll be that talented when I grow up , Like I said earlier , they look like they just walked out of Packing Iron. GOOD JOB PARD  :D ;D 8) ::) thanks for the info. on the knife carving  ;D

Horse Pen Henry, Like Dalton would say this not your first Rodio, pard , this is some beautifull carving, I'm just starting to learn leather carving , and I can really appreciate your skill , I 've learned so much by seeing all you pards work, I look forward everyday to whats going on in the Leather Shop, Thanks for sharing  ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

HorsePen Henry

I appreciate the kind words fellas. Thanks!

Say, maybe you fellas that are more computer savvy than I am can explain why my pictures are so big and the rest of the pictures on here I have to click on 'em to make 'em bigger. I have a Photobucket account where I store pix. I clicked on the IMG code and pasted it here and they show up BIG. I am afraid to shrink them because once I shrink them they will stay that way. So...how do ya do it?

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Dalton Masterson

Hey Horsepen, dont use a link to post them. Use the additional options at the bottom of your text box on the left side, when you are typing a message. There is a browse button in there, that allows you to attach them directly to CAS City. That way if your link is broken (which often happens), your picture will still be here. You will have to resize them usually, as it will only take a 100kb pic at a time. Good luck. DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Those holsters look great, Dalton. I like the pattern on the slimjims. The other two look just as good. The basket weave looks straight on the K-frame, too. I like the idea of making holsters then needing to buy guns to fit. I've been missing out there.  ;D

Good tooling on the belt, X-P. I can hardly wait to see the rig you come up with. Here's a thread that explains about photo inserting: http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,15416.0.html

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

HorsePen Henry

Dalton, Marshall Will, thanks for the tutorin'. I get the hang of it with some more practice. It seems every board does things a little different. I sure don't wanna waste any space with giant pictures.

Dalton, I like those slim jims, too. On the Cheyenne holster, did you bevel the border lines after you cut them in? How exactly did ya do that? Looks real nice. Kinda reminds me of the rolled beaded edge on old trade silver armbands and gorgets.

X Horse Pen Henry
Signed right ther' by the X
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Dalton Masterson

Horsepen, I did bevel them after cutting. I just used the beveler and went around the edges by hand, but not with a hammer. Works alright, but doesnt impress as well, and its easy to slip and make a mark where you dont want it.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Pitspitr

Hey
Dalton Thanks for your reply to horse pen on attaching photos. I didn't know that. It's sure save me some time in the future.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Ace Lungger

Dalton,
Wow man, i like that rig you made for your Starrs, Now I realy can't want to get my book, this kills me, 5 days to get my book, I live 35 miles from a huge Amozon warehouse, have a friend of mine that works there said they had that book in the warehouse.

Henry, those belts are AWESOME , never will there be a day I will ever be able to do that kind of work!!! Keeps us up to date when you get the holters done, I want to see them!

Dalton, If they ever can get me out of some of this pain, and those ##### ever get around to getting me some cash, I might just have to drive up to Hill City (I think that is where you said you shot in Kansas) and shoot the brezze!

You all keep posting those good looking leather goods!

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

HorsePen Henry

G'mornin' Ace! Thanks for the good word but I gotta tell ya. You keep doing it and ya can't help but get better at it. Shucks, it's like ridin' or readin', the more you do it the more ya learn about what to do next. I haven't practiced much over the years because of so many other irons in the fire. I am pickin' it up again though. It sure feels good to be workin' leather again!!!

Oh! One more thing. This Leather Shop Forum is great. I just started hanging around here lately and I am pleasantly surprised to see so much great talent and friendly advice shared here. Good place and even better folks!!! Y'all have a great day out there.
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Pitspitr

With Dalton's description of how to post pictures without using an image hosting site, I just had to try it.
I know we don't normally post pictures of billfolds, but it's the most recent thing I've made. I used the pattern from my 1880's Collins/Morrison Saddle. The stamp I used is a little different, and I used a different border stamping but the saddle is where I got my inspiration.

OOPS my pictures are too big. I guess I'll have to keep using Image shack

HorsePen Henry

That's a nice surface of weaving. Which stamp is that? I want one.

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Pitspitr

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on April 01, 2008, 12:22:42 PM
That's a nice surface of weaving. Which stamp is that? I want one.

X Horse Pen
It's the medium sized stamp from the Craftool Dots Geometric 3-pc Stamp Set 69008-00

Dalton Masterson

That sure looks good Pitspitr sir!!! Would be proud to carry that around. Need to make one myself. DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks great. You can keep posting those big pics in Image Shack. It makes it easy to check out the detail. good work. I'd love to see a picture of that saddle, too.

Now, if you want to reduce the size of the photos, pm me and I can send you an image resizer that works in Windows XP. If you have a Mac, you may not be able to install it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Pitetir, NICE WALLET !!! Get deal, I love lines!!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Pitspitr

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on April 01, 2008, 06:39:31 PM
That looks great. You can keep posting those big pics in Image Shack. It makes it easy to check out the detail. good work. I'd love to see a picture of that saddle, too.

Now, if you want to reduce the size of the photos, pm me and I can send you an image resizer that works in Windows XP. If you have a Mac, you may not be able to install it.
I use Vista. here's a picture of the saddle again. As I said the stamps I have are a little different than what Collins/ Morrison had.

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: Pitspitr on April 01, 2008, 12:56:58 PM
It's the medium sized stamp from the Craftool Dots Geometric 3-pc Stamp Set 69008-00

Thanks for the info, Pitspitr. It appears I have missed out on a whole style of leatherwork. I have never considered buying stamps except for some of the basket weave stamps. I'll have ta give it a looksee.
Many thanks for the catalog number,
X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Johnny McCrae

Just completed the two 7-1/2" Holsters for this rig. I can use my pair of  7-1/2" 1873 SAA's or my 7-1/2" and 4" RM Conversions. I'm going to do some practicing with this rig and then use it in an upcoming match to see how the shotgun shells on the belt work out for me.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Pitspitr

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on April 02, 2008, 07:26:59 AM
I have never considered buying stamps except for some of the basket weave stamps.
I really hadn't either until a couple of years ago. Now I mostly do the basket weave or geometric stamps. They're PC and I usually am happier with the way they turn out than my floral carving. I like floral carving I just have never been able to make it look as good as I think it should.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com