Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Outrider
Yes he is. He makes me proud......
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Will now that I have a swelled head from these really nice comments , I'm going to put some ice on my head to get the swelling down , (LOL) just kidding , but I do want to thank all of you , Marshal Will Wingam , Outridder , and Cowboy WC, it's having Pards like you, and all my other Pards, that is an incentive, to all of us , be it a beginer or some one thats been doing this for a while , It's a nice feeling to have you Pards take the time to look at our leather work , and then write your comments . :o ??? 8)

You all have a great day , and Thanks Again

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Triggersmith

Here is my new Walker holster using woven leather strips in the front. This holster is setup to use in my bandoleer shoulder rig.
The weaving is kind of tough but I sure like the results.
All comments are appreciated.
Trigersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith
See my ads in Cas City Classifieds

Dalton Masterson

Now Triggersmith, that is a neat idea! I like your thinking! Make sure you post a pic of the shoulder rig when you have it installed! Looks good!! 
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOWDY tRIGGERsMITH

Wow Pard your holster is awsome , what a great idea , did you do your weaving first and then sew it to the front of the holster, and then trim , it's looks great , like Dalton said we sure would like to see a picture of the finished shoulder rig . ::) :o 8)

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Triggersmith

Thanks Ten Wolves.  I figure how I want the lines to run square to the edge or at an angle.  I lay out the strips on a board and tack down my master strips and then weave.  I then wet it down and push the strips together and make sure everything is correct.  I lay the cutout that I am going to fill and mark the outline on the weaving so I know where to apply my Barge cement. I apply the cement to both pieces and stick them together. When that's dry I sew around the border and trim off the excess strips. Dampen the border and use a bone folder and flatten down the edges.  I then apply my liner if I'm going to use one.
It's time consuming but it's fun and looks very cool.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Black Powder

It also looks rugged and heavy duty.  Solid.  Real nice.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Triggersmith on March 02, 2008, 05:07:19 PM
Thanks Ten Wolves.  I figure how I want the lines to run square to the edge or at an angle.  I lay out the strips on a board and tack down my master strips and then weave.  I then wet it down and push the strips together and make sure everything is correct.  I lay the cutout that I am going to fill and mark the outline on the weaving so I know where to apply my Barge cement. I apply the cement to both pieces and stick them together. When that's dry I sew around the border and trim off the excess strips. Dampen the border and use a bone folder and flatten down the edges.  I then apply my liner if I'm going to use one.
It's time consuming but it's fun and looks very cool.
Triggersmith
Howdy Triggersmith

Thanks for the explanation, I'd like to give this a try sometime, Thanks for sharing  :D

Irish Dave

TS:

Very unusual and interesting concept -- and nicely done.
Wasn't sure at first, but it's growing on me. The more I look at it, the more I think I like it. I tend to like stuff best that looks like it came from the Old West era. This has an interesting and different, but to my eye, a good "period look" about it. I too look forward to seeing the final assembly.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

that's a fine holster, TS. I like the effect you get with the real weave. Most of us are happy doing a good basketweave stamp but this is a dimension or two beyond that. Nice. I see double stitching around it, too. That adds to the overall look as well as giving it more strength. I'm curious to see the finished product, too. Thanks for posting it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

That's a great looking holster with the real weave.
WC

Don101

Hi Guys thought i would share some pics of stuff ive made, Don

Bull Durham

leatherman92

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Triggersmith

You are truly an artist Sir.  Beautiful work.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Don 101  :D

Like my Pards say, this ain't your first Rodeo, this is some beautiful work , the leather lookes like it is soft like butter , very rich looking on the holsters , the top holster is a nice copy of the one in the book, nice work all around. :D :o ::) 8)

Thanks for sharing this with us Pard  :D ;)

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D     

cowboywc

outrider

Howdy Don101

Great leather work for sure.  Where are you located in Germany.  I have a very close friend from the Neidersachen area (Bad Bodenteich
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Don101

Quote from: outrider on March 04, 2008, 12:43:01 PM
Howdy Don101

Great leather work for sure.  Where are you located in Germany.  I have a very close friend from the Neidersachen area (Bad Bodenteich

Hi what a small world im about an hours drive from there Visbek near Bremen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com