Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Howdy Pards:

Here is a buscadero rig I just finished for a pard...I still have to add a horsehair tassel to the hammer strap..hummmmmblack or white horsehair???
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, pard. The white stitching makes a nice contrast for the black. With this one you could put either white or black horsehair on it. Can you get a tassel that has both white and black in it? That way you could have a black one with some white accent in it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Travis Morgan

Quote from: outrider on October 07, 2007, 11:31:58 AM
Marshall:

The stitch spacing is as follows:

20 gauge single loop...1 3/4" on the loop and 7/8" on the slide
20 gauge double loop..2 3/8" on the loop and 1 3/4" on the slide (as shown in picture)
12 gauge sinlge loop....2 1/8" on the loop and 1" on the slide (as shown in picutre)
12 gauge double loop..2 7/8" on the loop and 1 7/8" on the slide

This should work for you
Outrider

What about for .357 and .45? Thanks in advance.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: outrider on October 07, 2007, 11:31:58 AM
Marshall:

The stitch spacing is as follows:

20 gauge single loop...1 3/4" on the loop and 7/8" on the slide
20 gauge double loop..2 3/8" on the loop and 1 3/4" on the slide (as shown in picture)
12 gauge sinlge loop....2 1/8" on the loop and 1" on the slide (as shown in picutre)
12 gauge double loop..2 7/8" on the loop and 1 7/8" on the slide

This should work for you
Outrider
I don't know how the heck I missed this yesterday, but thanks, pard. I appreciate it.

And thanks to Travis for posting about it so I'd see it.

Dakota Widowmaker

THIS IS NOT MY HANDY WORK!!! (Thanks to Triggersmith)

Pic of the front...

Pic of the back...

I am going to take a swag at making a custom belt to go along with it as well as a cartridge box for a couple boxes of paper cartridges. I have a cap box which will probably work as well.

Can't wait to get it!!!

[FYI: Its an ASM Walker, but, I might carry my Uberti in it instead...]

Marshal Will Wingam

TS did you right, pard. It looks great. You can wear that with pride.

Major 2

I have several of Triggersmith's pieces, and I like his work  .. I'm capable ( well ..  :P  adequate ) but I liken it to this...

I can make my dinner that's not to bad, it will feed you ... but a gourmet can make you a meal that's an experience and a culinary delight.

Ray is a leather making Gourmet  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Johnny McCrae

Attached are photos of a set of bags I just finished using the help received on this forum.

I used some free leather that one of my customers gave me. This is sort of a practice set and I will be making another set of bags for myself over the winter using a non embossed leather. As I finish a project, I usually start thinking of what I can do to improve that item the next time I make it.

I had to sew the bags inside-out by hand. I used a series of welding clamps to hold the gusset and front/back together while sewing. I left a small space for sewing and just kept moving the clamps forward. It was fun figuring out the assembly sequence. Actually the whole project was a lot of fun.

Many thanks to Major2 and Outrider for their assistance and help on this project.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Johnny McCrae

Nice job, and they look 1800 too :) ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, Johnny. Nice even curve after you turned them right side out. Good work. Those clamps sure did hold it nicely, good idea. It'll be nice to see the next ones.

outrider

Johnny...great job....they look very good and I especially like the "Y" strap.  I agree with you about the forum..lots of good info and good fellowship
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Quote from: Travis Morgan on October 08, 2007, 08:21:51 PM
What about for .357 and .45? Thanks in advance.

Travis sorry for the delay

.45 Colt....1 3/8" on the loop and 5/8" on the belt
.38/.357..1 1/8" on the loop and 9/16" on the belt
.32 cal. ..1" on the loop and 1/2" on the belt
.500 S&W mag...1 1/2" on the loop and 5/8" on the belt

105mm hozitzer....heheheh your on your own :D :D ::) ::)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Travis Morgan

Quote from: outrider on October 13, 2007, 09:16:57 AM

Travis sorry for the delay

.45 Colt....1 3/8" on the loop and 5/8" on the belt
.38/.357..1 1/8" on the loop and 9/16" on the belt
.32 cal. ..1" on the loop and 1/2" on the belt
.500 S&W mag...1 1/2" on the loop and 5/8" on the belt

105mm hozitzer....heheheh your on your own :D :D ::) ::)

Johnny,

Those clamps ARE a lifesaver. The bigger ones are pretty unwieldy, but they don't tend to bruise the leather so bad.

Outrider,

Thanks for the figures. My bullet loops are kinda hit and miss. Fortunately, a saddlemaker friends of mine has a $40,000 machine that skives the leather down incrementally. Makes really nice leather for bullet loops.

outrider

Howdy Pards.

Here is a holster I just finished this morning.  It is a modified version of Will's 49er holster....a transition from slim jim to mexican drop loop so to speak...color is mahogany...lined in pigskin..fitted for the new vaquero 4 5/8" brl.  I have also made this puppy in a cross draw version...works really well
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Howdy Pards:

Here is a couple of concealed carry style holsters....off duty "pancake style for S&W 4" and 45 auto
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Outrider. You've sure been busy. Nice work on all the rigs. I particularly like the way the off duty one catches the hammer of the 1911 when it's fastened. Thanks for the photos.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards
                    Will I think I figured out how to make this picture thing work , this is the first holster and gun belt I made, after 3 months of learning leather craft , the other leather items I made after the holster and belt , so here goes.. ???

Ten Wolves Five Shooter  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Good job on the leather. You've certainly cranked out a few items in the last couple months. Looks like a complete outfit including the spur straps and cuffs. Nice match on everything. It all works together. Good job on the photo, too. Once you have it, it's easy. It's also addicting. The leather, that is. ;D

outrider

Nice job Ten Wolves....they are very impressive
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com