Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowhand Bob

Yes and you should be ashamed of yourself.  That sounds like an evil fighting style.  Now for the real answer, most sheath knives come from the factory with sheaths that place the cutting edge to the rear when worn on the right side.  It would seem to follow that this would be considered normal for RH use by the industry.  With custom sheaths you are not restrained by such rules.

Forty Rod

I'm relieved to hear that, Bob.  Lord knows I wouldn't want to be 'normal.'  ;D

"Evil fighting style"?

My real fighting knife is a Gerber Mark II. 'Commando'...one of the old ones with a non-serrated DOUBLE EDGED blade that cuts every which way.  Had one in 'Nam and gave it to my clerk when I left, figuring I could always get another one when I got home.

I was right, but it took 33 years to find the one I wanted.

I back that up with a Mark I. boot knife by Gerber.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Cherokee Charlie

Cherokee Charlie is not who I really am but who I should have been.
Regulator #4967
Cherokee Cowboys #1

Marshal Will Wingam

Good work in those items, pard. I like the touch you have with your tooling.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Cap Magillicutty

My first shoot is this weekend, so I've been busy getting my gear ready. As a long time hobbiest and sometime reseller of leather and Kydex knife sheaths I decided to make my own rig.

Here's a couple of pictures.

[Deleted by moderator - Links Lost]

Marshal Will Wingam

The shiny accents sure set off the black nicely. I may have to make a black rig with nickel conchos and spots one of these days. Lookin' good, pard. ;)

Bitterwheat

Good looking out fit. But I don't see any stiching. Is the spots what holds it to gether?

Cap Magillicutty

Quote from: Bitterwheat on April 25, 2006, 08:07:10 AM
Good looking out fit. But I don't see any stiching. Is the spots what holds it to gether?

Thanks guys.

No stitching on this one. The spots are black nickle Chicago screws with the back side out, the concho's are also Chicago style. The leather is first bonded with a high strength glue. Not traditional for sure but just as durable as stitches if not more so.

Unfortunately I only had about 2.5 weeks of occasional nights and weekends to get it done,so I went with a non stitched design. Now that I have this one out of the way I'll probably start on another one during the off season and take a little more time.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Cap Magillicutty on April 25, 2006, 10:32:48 PMThe leather is first bonded with a high strength glue. Not traditional for sure but just as durable as stitches if not more so.
I glued a firend's wallet that came apart after about five years of use. It lasted for another ten and he simply retired it because he wanted a new one.

E.R.Beaumont

SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Tommy tornado

Hear is another pair for 60 army colts that I tried selling on e-bay.  However, I was unsuccessful, so I am going to keep them and use them this year.  Made them out of 9 to 10 oz cowhide and died them russet.  Also, ended up basket-weave stamping the entire front. 
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Marshal Will Wingam

Marshal Will Wingam

Good holsters, Tommy. I like the color variations you got with the russet dye. They really have character.

Trapper Trent

Hi pards.  I've been lurking here and trying to learn from you regulars about how to make holsters.  So, I took a chance, and just hoped that my six gun would fit into my holster.  So, here is my very first holster.  I'm looking forward to my second holster, and am working on it right now..

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks like a perfect fit, Trapper. Good work. I guess this makes you one of the regulars, too. ;)

E.R.Beaumont

SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Doc Neeley

Great holster pard!!! You'll do well for yourself. Welcome to the board.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Trapper Trent

E.R....
And trhe color variation is showing up in the basket-weave in the close-up picture.  I like the conchos too.

Major 2

Looky what Triggersmith just made.... for a Richard & Mason Conversion

[Deleted by moderator - Link Lost]

He matched another of his I bought for the 1860 Army R&D .
when planets align...do the deal !

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: major231 on May 24, 2006, 05:45:27 PM
Looky what Triggersmith just made.... for a Richard & Mason Conversion

He matched another of his I bought for the 1860 Army R&D .
I like it. Great holster, there. With all these cool-looking brown holsters showing up, I may have to make another brown rig for my pistolas. ;D Of course, I may need another black one, too. Heck, there aren't enough hides to make all the holsters I want. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com