Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ace Lungger

Dalton :o :o AWESOME, Those are way to cool 8) I wished I had never got involved in leatherwork, that is all I think of night and day!!! I am wanting to start a new rig, on page 83 in Packing Iron that is what I want to make for my72's, I might start on the belt I am not going to use that design, but I have had a lot of help on what to use for the bottom purdies I was told they call those holsters Pommell, and I am going to use napkin rings, so i went to ebay and had a heart attack, the nice one's are priced out of this world, so it is back to flea marketing and garage sales!!! ??? ??? I don't want to lay out my pattern untill I have those rings. So i guess for now I am going to give carving a shot, going to make me a new pair of spur stramps!!

Marshall Will, I think I will inlay those cross concho's into the grips. I have finaly got the Silver Dollar city Hawes 45's done, and I have cut out some awesome walnut blanks, wood working was my passion, untill I started leatherwork and it smokes working with wood!

I hope evryone a SUPER WEEKEND be safe!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Paladin UK

Fer Dalton...

;D Absolutly.... Bloody Brill ;D
Paladin (Whats gobsmacked!!  :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Dalton Masterson

Thanks gents. 

Paladin, Thanks I think??!  Brill????  ;D ;D

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

HorsePen Henry

Dalton, those are much too purty ta scratch up. Nice looking twin holsters.

Thumbs up,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Ace Lungger on May 22, 2008, 11:34:39 AMMarshall Will, I think I will inlay those cross concho's into the grips. I have finaly got the Silver Dollar city Hawes 45's done, and I have cut out some awesome walnut blanks, wood working was my passion, untill I started leatherwork and it smokes working with wood!
Good choice, pard. Here's a pic of my wife's black rig and matching heart conchos on the pistol grips. You'd be putting larger ones lower down, but the effect will be the same.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Marshall Will,
SWEET :o :o :o Great lines just the style for the conchos :o

You Guys that have wifes that go shoot with you, do not KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE :) Mt wife can shoot and not bad, but she could care less about going and shooting like your wifes do :) YOU LUCKY DOGS !

:) I am very happy for you Pards and Pardets

Long weekend coming up, Every be safe and have fun!!!!

Ace
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Dalton Masterson

Marshall Will, I cant see nuthin!  8) ??? :'(

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

It should be showing, Dalton. Try again after a while. It's saved in the forum software with an iconic link to it so it shouldn't be a problem. If it still continues to hide, I can ask some of the other moderators if they've encountered a similar problem.

outrider

Howdy Pards,

Here is the latest rig I just completed for a customer.  This is the color that I was describing to Crossdraw on the other thread.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

This is the third photo of the rig
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

::) :o 8) ;D YIKES, AND A WOW THROWN IN  ;D

Nice work Outrider, I think you just may have out did yourself again, looks like you may have used Fiebings stain to get that nice color, it really looks good , tell us if you would, how you obtained that look and color ?  your work as always is excellant ,Thanks for sharing Pard  :D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

outrider

TW

It's Feibings Saddle Tan dye.  Reduced...1 oz dye to 1/4 oz reducer.  finished off with Tan Cote then a little bit of neutral shoe polish
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outrider

That really worked well, i'll have to put this in my book of tricks , thanks for sharing this with us Pard  ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Man, that is some clean work. Like the color a lot. :)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Outrider  :o :o :o that is  so AWESOME I see now what you have been telling me, that you don't allways have to get wild with stamps and carving when you take nice lines and sweet borders  stamps, and then make every thing else flow so well toghter!! Do you get a lot of orders for single gun holsters! I know that there are a lot of diff.CAS shoots and I was just wondering!

Thanks for sharing Outrider  8) 8)

Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider,

That rig is simply gorgeous! As usual your workmanship is outstanding.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fine rig, Outrider. The lines are clean and the simple border really sets it off nicely. The white stitching and conchos against that color really give it an extra dimension. Thanks for the photos.

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

outrider

Howdy Pards,

Many thanks for the kind words.   It means alot coming from my peers.

Ace,  Usually I get orders from SASS shooters and it is for two holsters.  This particular gentleman is not a SASS shooter and only has one revolver...that is for now ;) ;) ::)  maybe I can talk him into some SASS shooting in the future.  By the way he has not seen this rig yet.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com